uh.... plz help!

<p>"The ACT is preferred. Students will not be advantaged in the admission process by taking one test rather than the other."</p>

<p>thats from the wiconsin app. I took the SATs.... although it says it doesn't matter what you take the phrase "ACT is preferred" keeps getting to me!!! should i take the act?!?! argh!</p>

<p>Ignore the word "preferred" for now. If your stat is above average and competitive, your ACT score (if you take it) would likely reflect your current record so it won't make much of a difference. Spend your time on other part of the application, i.e. statement, LCs etc.</p>

<p>However, if your stat is below average, then a good ACT score <em>may</em> improve your standing.</p>

<p>I'm willing to bet ACT preferred is mainly for instate students- in the past ACT was required for Wis residents, I'm sure they want to keep it to better be able to compare test scores in the instate pool.</p>

<p>Not to worry. About 25-35% of accepted apps have the SAT and the average scores are nearly the same using the score conversion tables. Actually right now average SAT is a tad lower.</p>