UHP Purdue Class of 2015

<p>Has anyone been invited yet into the University Honors Program at Purdue? If so, when?</p>

<p>well I haven’t, but hey I’m class of 2015 too!</p>

<p>I was invited to both the University Honors Program and the Engineering Honors Program. The UHP letter was dated January 5, and the EHP was dated December 16.</p>

<p>good to know moussemoose thanks. Is it also true that if you received a trustee’s scholarship, you were invited into UHP?</p>

<p>I received a Trustee’s scholarship, but I’m not sure if that was the only deciding factor for my admission into the UHP or not. Purdue’s website says that the honors program invites up to 140 incoming freshmen. Since the Trustee’s scholarship is supposedly for the top 100 or so, I can see the correlation between the two.</p>

<p>Trustee’s scholarship letter says Trustees Scholars are guaranteed a spot in the UHP.</p>

<p>Does the UHP offer more scholarship money?</p>

<p>I haven’t seen anything regarding more money. Can anyone tell me if honor’s students get university-wide priority scheduling? To me (a parent) that seems like the biggest advantage to honor’s programs at large schools.</p>

<p>Also, does anyone know if there is a special honor’s orientation or would it still be STAR?</p>

<p>Current UHP student here-- We do, in fact, get priority scheduling. It’s fantastic and probably my favorite perk of being in the UHP. Also, being in the UHP allows you to be in the Lyceum, a learning community housed in Shreve. If nothing else, it’s worth it for the easy access to air conditioning.</p>

<p>oh my gosh! i just got a letter for uhp! i can’t believe i’m in the top 140 students! I know I’m a competitive applicant, but I didn’t expect a uhp letter. I probably just got this letter after other people declined to join uhp, but I do have a question. How hard is it to maintain a 3.6?</p>

<p>john14ty66</p>

<p>what were your stats???</p>

<p>At time of application, I ranked 8 out of 202 at an indiana 4 star school (our school really isn’t that impressive, and now I rank 5 out of 199)
SAT: 1940 (can’t remember english scores. I know I didn’t do so well on those. but on math I got a 770)
Also, they might have seen my new SAT scores, which were slightly improved. I sent them in January, hoping purdue scholarships would see them. I know my improved verbal score was 640 and my improved writing score was 620.</p>

<p>Chem subject test: 730
Math level 2 test: 800</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
Church and youth group - nominated to be on 2 different committees
Church Volunteering - over 300 hours which includes one international mission trip and 2 new orleans mission trips
Math Superbowl - won state last year
First Robotics team - won purdue boilermaker regional once
Computer Science Club - founder and president
Table tennis club - vice pres. and pres.
JV and Varsity Tennis - won sectional and regional and went to semistate for one year
-won sectional and became regional finalist for other (team did this. not just me)
Spell Bowl Team - became a State finalist for 3 years in a row (team)
Chess club- cofounder
National honor society
speech team</p>

<p>essay was on my leadership. i talked about church, computer science club, and table tennis club.</p>

<p>My extracurriculars might have done it, but I still can’t believe I got into UHP because of my low SAT scores!</p>