UIUC Class of 2026 Discussion

Waitlisted CS
W, F, OOS
4.0, 1st of 600+, 12AP (7 5’s), 1580, 3x AIME, etc.

Congrats on the acceptance. It is difficult to transfer into Grainger majors (UIUC calls it Intercollegiate transfer), here is the info. Note that CS is closed to intercollegiate transfers. So, if you want CS instead of CS + Astro, go to where you have been directly admitted into that.
https://provost.illinois.edu/education/advising-resources/intercollegiate-transfer-process/college-of-engineering/

1 Like

S22 Accepted
CS (Grainger College of Engineering)
UW 4.0 / 12+ APs
SAT 1550/ACT 35
Varsity Sport Captain
Solid leadership/very good ECs/Volunteering etc

7 Likes

Wow. I’m sure she has other great options but I would also expect her to get in eventually if she remains interested.

Yikes.

Thank you

D22 accepted to Bioengineering at Grainger.
OOS
UW4.0, W4.68, SAT1570, NMF, Decent Leadership and ECs, Good essays (my opinion)

S19 is Junior at Grainger - Aerospace Engineering with CS minor

9 Likes

My child is ready to accept UIUC tonight. Despite the fact that they have yet to hear from some other schools. Despite the fact that they didn’t want to go to Illinois when they started applying. But the process this year has been a hot mess–and I think they are ready to be done with the whole thing.

8 Likes

Accepted, 35 ACT. Where to find financial decision/merit scholarships?

2 Likes

@ImA1Dad I believe it comes later (sometime in march)

1 Like

Congrats! How has your son liked the aerospace program so far? My son was accepted into aerospace today.

2 Likes

S22
OOS
Waitlisted Gies
4.6 W/4.0 UW
ACT 35
15 APs (4s and 5s so far)
Decent but not spectacular ECs

He loves the program and the institution. He never has had any challenges getting the classes he wanted. Getting into CS classes for his minor is a bit challenging as students with CS major get first preference. Luckily being on Dean’s list helps him to register for classes a little early.

Unfortunately the career fairs have been great the past 2 years due to covid. But he still got an internship last year and had 4 offers (including the previous summer company) for this summer. Hopefully the career fairs will return to normal this fall.

1 Like

DS22 OOS
Accepted Mechanical Engineering
1500 SAT
3.91 Unweighted/5.23 Weighted
Two varsity sports- football and wrestling (senior captain)
Theatre 4 years
NHS, Aerospace Club (current president)
National Merit Commended
College Board Hispanic Recognition Scholar
20 hours Dual Credit
6 APs
172 hours community service
Part time job at a restaurant for nearly a year

Also accepted Purdue FYE and UT Austin Mechanical Engineering

Purdue gave great merit; UT gave no merit (but is in state)
waiting to see what UIUC gives for merit to see if it can stay in the running

6 Likes

Thank you so much for the feedback. It sounds like he is really enjoying his experience.

1 Like

Wow…crazy!!

My daughter got waitlisted for Psychology major which I believe is ranked #6 in the country. OOS. Great stats and EC’s

DS22 OOS UW 4.0, ACT 35, USAMO, USACO Platinum
Varsity sports, music state winner, other ECs/leadership
Rejected CS

1 Like

yield protection for sure.

1 Like

I am not so sure. UIUC CS is very strong.

3 Likes