UIUC Class of 2026 Discussion

Is there an official facebook group for admitted students?

Im not certain if this is an offices group. To be honest I have not signed up. I’ve seen other schools that had fake pages. Hopefully someone could confirm.

I have to pay? That’s crazy.

1 Like

Wouldn’t join these bogus groups. There is a verified admitted students group on Zeemee that’s probably the best.

2 Likes

I didnt realize it was a pay. For sure not a valid group. So many schools have fake groups circulating. Do we know which is the legit group?

Nvrmnd

Nvrmnd

There is a link under the “About this group” description of the above Facebook group.

They are charging $2.99/month. Obviously not an official Facebook group.

1 Like

Oh yeah… that’s BS.

1 Like

Has anyone gotten an honours decision yet?

How easy is it to change majors, like from one engineering to another engineering?

Impossible to change into CS. Possible to change into a CS + X major

Very difficult to change into ME, BME, CE, and EE but feasible

I believe other majors should be more straight forward.

1 Like

I haven’t heard anything. I posed this same question last week and didn’t have anyone say they had yet. Last year it looks like many honors decisions came out on March 11, 2021 via email. I know some received scholarship notifications last week. I don’t know how closely that will correlate with honors decisions??

2 Likes

I am using the page cost.illinois.edu to figure out the costs. It askes for the number of credit hours. What is the normal number of credit hours for a term that I should enter?

Anywhere from 12-18. Average is 15, so that’s what I’d put.

1 Like

I got into CS+Chemistry. I wanted to do only CS but it’s impossible as someone mentioned in the thread.

How easy is it to change to another CS+X degree? Ex. CS+Chemistry to CS+Linguistics

Has anyone heard back about the honors program? also does anyone know if scholarships are still being released?

I don’t know about honors, but I do know that the scholarships from the college all went out at one time. I talked to financial aid and only 10% of admitted students got scholarships. However, departmental scholarships have until April 1 to award.

1 Like

so all of the scholarships already rewarded were university wide scholarships, or have the departmental ones started to have gone out?

Some departmental scholarships have gone out. Grainger for sure.