UIUC Class of 2026 Discussion

It’s kind of hard to predict from my perspective as kids applied to a lot more schools but at the end of the day they can only attend one college. I think all colleges are having to adjust their yield assumptions and summer doing that better than others.

Some are not summer

This is my fear - daughter has been accepted at many schools at this stage (she applied to a crazy amount), but her top choice is Illinois. She will be devastated if she does not get in, despite the other acceptances! Is UIUC more competitive for admissions that Ohio State? I always thought the two were comparable, but starting to feel UIUC may be harder. She applied undecided at UIUC.

For STEM and Business, UIUC will be a lot harder than OSU.

1 Like

Hello, there. I’m a current UIUC freshman and I decided to create a server for the class 2026. You can join the server with the invite code: XkA32v2KxB

Do we know past admit rates for CS+linguistics program?

Any possibility that decision will release this week as opposed to next week?

Unfortunately UIUC does not reveal their acceptance rates for the CS & CS+X programs.

I would think not. They specifically said the results will come on the 25th.

The email said “Our notification date for admission decisions is now set. Your admission status will be updated on Friday, February 25 at 4:00 p.m.”

It did not say before Friday, February 25… I would say “no” it does not come early.

we received an email this morning from UIUC subject as what do students love most about UIUC? Is it a good sign? Thanks!

1 Like

Honestly, since this isn’t the first email from the admissions office since applying, I think that was sent to every prospective student.

2 Likes

Thanks

They sent it to everyone.

1 Like

I got it too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does UIUC offer any merit scholarships for OOS students? The website only shows scholarships with demonstrated need.

How hard is it to get into computer science for OOS students with SAT 1540?

going off only sat scores, you have a good chance but not guaranteed whatsoever with u being oos affecting that as well.

1 Like

Does someone know what the CS+Economics competitiveness in LAS is compared to CS in Grainger?

Applied for the same program as well, just that grainger is kinda famous compared to uiuc’s las.