UIUC Class of 2026 Discussion

ISR is the closest to the engineering part of campus. It tends to be the most popular with engineering students due to convenience. This has been the case since before I lived there in the late 80s. My daughter lives there now and really likes it (not in ENG). The cafeteria was remodeled and expanded a couple of years ago, so it is really nice. Be aware that ISR fills up fast when they open the sign up portal.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.

I thought this was interesting

https://housing.illinois.edu/News/Isr-construction

They completely remodeled the shared areas in addition to the cafeteria. In each hall they they converted the bathrooms to many single use bathrooms with shower. They may have upgraded the HVAC. The room dimensions are the same and the surfaces received new paint and finishes. So the rooms feel more vintage but all common areas are modern.
I hope that helps.

1 Like

My son applied to a learning community. Does anyone know if these learning communities are competitive, or if it pretty easy to get in if you apply? Also, do you move in earlier for fall semester if you live in a learning community?

1 Like

Never mind found it in one of the link in this page.

Is there a place to see 2022-23 calendar for UIUC? Holiday/Break schedules ? I found this but it does not mention the exact date of various breaks.
https://registrar.illinois.edu/academic-calendars/fall-2022-academic-calendar/

Hi,Are you international student?

No, OOS.

1 Like

I appealed to UIUC and it says my decision is “Program change, we are processing a program change request from you.” I talked to 2 other people who got waitlisted and denied after appeal and never saw this message. Does anyone know what this means?

Are there any students from India here?

Does anyone know if a student can attend an Illini Day, if s/he has been admitted, but has not yet committed?

This is the 2022-2023 academic calendar which includes dates of breaks: https://www.senate.illinois.edu/academic_calendars/2022-2023.pdf

1 Like

That’s a major audience for Illini Days.

2 Likes

Okay. I was confused because the website makes it seem like you have to accept your offer first (log in to the portal, etc.). Thank you!

Sitting on a student Q&A session, and the first 3 questions are all about switching majors to Computer Science. :wink:

6 Likes

You have to be logged into portal so that the registration page knows you’re been accepted.

Thank you, I got it worked out and we’re all set now. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Is it weird I really wish I had an I-card???

1 Like

On our visit, we spent some time at the ISR residence halls. The renovated dining hall + the quality of food is just fabulous. The rooms themselves are slightly on the smaller side but S22 really liked UIUC facilities as a whole. Illini Day definitely met our expectations.

4 Likes

That is a good to hear! I heard from daughter’s friends that vegetarian food options was not great. Hopefully we can check out the vegetarian food during Illini day. Do they allow you to see the residence halls during Illini day?

1 Like