UIUC Class of 2026 Discussion

I applied CS+Econ as well, rly nervous about next Friday

Cosign. Expecting a blood bath given how much more harder each school has gotten this year.

Agreed, just insane how LAS 75th percentile SAT became 1500 in 2 years.

My D22 applied to CS + Astronomy, but we’re not holding our breaths on UIUC admitting her. It’s frustrating that a great student in the top 10% of the state can’t count on getting into their own flagship U. I’m glad the wait will be over soon, good luck, all!

I haven’t seen this, but I was fully expecting it. Nobody is submitting low scores so the stats were bound to go up. As the average goes up those on the fence will not submit, making future percentiles even higher.

After CS, I think CS+Econ and CS+Stat are the most competitive majors. I haven’t seen any data though from UIUC. My daughter applied CS+Econ.

I didn’t see any merit scholarships for OOS on their web site but that’s pretty common for public universities.

Rip I applied cs+econ :frowning:

She’ll probably be accepted to UIUC. The unknown is whether she will be accepted in CS. As you know it is an extremely competitive program. Best of luck to your DD.

Yes, we’re pretty realistic about her chances in CS. And since she’s not interested in other majors UIUC won’t be a fit if she’s not admitted to her major. It would be one thing if it was likely she could try again as a sophomore, but they make it so difficult.

3 Likes

On a recent admissions zoom webinar (specific to Grainger) they said that admissions would still be comparing submitted SAT scores of applicants to UIUC’s historical SAT range, not the inflated range of the past two years.

1 Like

I find that comment strange. Regardless of what happened in the past, I am sure the comparison will be within the pool of RD+EA applicants this cycle. What if the numbers skew high this year, as it probably will. In fact, I heard a birdie say that UIUC CS admits needed to be “Ivy level” this year.

How competitive is Econometrics and Quantitative economics in L&S for international students?

1 Like

CS applicants have always had higher historical scores than the school overall.

1 Like

Portal changes happening this morning, with an email saying decisions are coming tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

It’s a breath of fresh air to have clear communication about date & time. Kudos to UIUC! Good luck folks :slight_smile:

8 Likes

what portal changes

Would you mind sharing what portal changes you noticed?

Just withdrawal tab is gone.

1 Like

good eye! hadn’t noticed that

2 Likes