UIUC Class of 2026 Discussion

So, did the withdrawal option go away for everyone?

Not sure but I’m guessing so. Mine is gone.

Seems that way

“Change forms will not be available until after the decision release.” - From UIUC Portal. Must be preparing to release decisions in 24+ hrs.

The release date is set in stone. Feb 25 at 4 CST.

That’s what I see as well. Looks like it is standard preparation for release tomorrow.

Know that, thats why I mentioned 24+ hrs (26 to be close to exact)

Completely agree! UIUC has been very proactive and transparent with their decision dates and regular communications. Haven’t seen any other college doing it. Good luck everyone!

5 Likes

Yep.

I’ve heard unofficially that to be a CS admit you had to be “Ivy level” this year. I’m sure other majors are facing similar high hurdles but then again this isn’t news given what has happened with every top 30 school.

It’s another tough year, more than years before. More than an increase in the number of applications, it’s the hollistic review algorithms and rubrics have changed looks like.

Do you know how many CS acceptances they will give out tomorrow?

Who’d you hear that from?

me too, what are your stats?

CS has always been “Ivy level.” Two years ago, we had student who was turned down for CS and admitted into math. National Merit Finalist, top notch ECs, etc. He ended up going to Princeton.

1 Like

Why “Ivy level”? which has lower CS level :grinning:

2 Likes

It was reported in 2018 that

Middle 50% range for computer science in engineering this year was 33-35 ACT, 1480 -1550 SAT

I doubt it has declined since then. Princeton’s 2020 CDS says 1470-1560, Cornell 1420-1540, which pretty much covers the Ivy range, so that seems to be fairly accurate.

1 Like

I think they meant on the caliber that being accepted to an Ivy (which generally don’t admit by major) is a genuine possibility.

are scholarships released in the decision letter?

This^

Decision coming today!!!