UIUCVSPUrdue IE major

<p>Hi
I was both admitted to UIUC and Purdue IE major. UIUC's Engineering College is currently ranked higher Than Purdue.(UIUC#5 and PUrdue#9, bUT in IE,it's different. UIUC#11 or lower. Purdue#3) the rankings are done by US News.
First, I do care about the rankings. But I think they are really close. I can't decide the weight between Engineering college and IE major.
Second, I am sure that I like IE major than any sort of Engineering. But I am both interested in humanity.I wish that i could take as much as courses concerning history , writing, Spanish, French etc. But I am not sure whether it's possible for me to take all of them,for I know that IE is tough. I wish to make my eyesight as broader as possible.
Third, I dont like those cold or wet things. Unluckily, they have both cold winter.
Fourth, I care about the dorms for freshman. I know that UIUC doesn't offer private bathrooms for undergraduate. I am not sure about PUrdue (for girls)
Fifth, I am an international student. and I do expect job internship during MY first year College life.
Sixth, I checked on the website that Purdue's fees are 35,000 and UIUC's are 42,000.
I dont know whether UIUC is worth it. </p>

<p>I am always drived crazy by these questions.</p>

<p>Would you help me?
I will be really really apreciated for your help:)
THANK YOU</p>

<p>I also post this on the UIUC's section.
Since April 15th is drawing near, Please don't be shy:P</p>

<p>I am in IE at Purdue and I really like it. I don’t know how UIUC’s program is but I am confident that Purdue has a very good program. As far as taking a bunch of humanities courses I would just look at the required schedules for IE at both schools - I know that Purdue’s is easy to find and I am sure UIUC is the same. In general you are required to take a bunch of general electives so you will have the option to take whatever humanities classes you would like. As far as finding a job, I can tell you that IE’s are heavily recruited at Purdue. If you do well in your classes you should have no problem landing an internship or co-op. I have no idea about the girls dorms so I can’t comment on that.</p>

<p>As long as you go to a good engineering school you will be fine. The difference between rankings that are that close is close to nothing. go to where you are happy and you could be successful at either.</p>

<p>Nice suggestions!
Thanks</p>

<p>if you know what field you are going into, look at the rankings of that field. the IE rankings would be more useful, because they are more specific.</p>

<p>okay
Thanks</p>

<p>just maybe a suggestion if both rankings are very similar u might want to consider cost for example u live in indiana purdue is cheaper if u live in illinois then uiuc will be cheaper. if u dont live in either consider which gives u a better financial package. i heard that uiuc packages suck but thats what i hear from my friends. so with this economy that might be a good thing</p>

<p>yeah, UIUC's financial package is almost nothing to International student.( I am internatioal student)
So, do you have an idea about Purdue's financial package for international students?:)
Thanks</p>

<p>I don't think Purdue's offering aid/scholarships to international students THIS year. Can someone verify?</p>

<p>I dont know:(</p>