UM Bucket List

<p>Things to do before you graduate... (feel free to continue in replies)</p>

<ol>
<li>Take the "The Sixties" course.</li>
<li>Spend at least 3 consecutive hours in a professor's office because you just don't get it (or because you're talking about reallllllly coooool stuuuuff).</li>
<li>Go to South Beach.</li>
<li>Go to Key Biscayne.</li>
<li>Go Scuba diving.</li>
<li>Go to a light show at the Miami Science Museum.</li>
<li>Go to the keys (preferably quite often :) )</li>
<li>Shake President Shalala's hand or give her a hug. C'mon, you gotta do it at least once.</li>
<li>Be a DJ at WVUM.</li>
<li>Eat some of the fruit in the Gifford Arboretum.</li>
<li>Get into a heated (but polite) debate with one of your professors (this usually yields a guaranteed grade boost, btw! ;) )</li>
<li>Play quidditch.</li>
<li>Fish in the lake.</li>
<li>Spend 12 consecutive hours in the Stacks.</li>
</ol>

<p>Have you ever caught anything in the lake?</p>

<p>I haven’t fished in the lake yet… but, it’s on the bucket list, so I gotta do it! :wink: I see people fishing in the lake on occasion and I haven’t ever seen anyone catch something, but people have told me they’ve caught stuff, and there are clearly fish inside of the lake (because they’re always jumping).</p>

<ol>
<li>Go support your Hurricanes football team at Sun Life Stadium</li>
<li>Drink a Starbucks drink outside of Richter with friends on a beautiful winter afternoon</li>
<li>Rush the court at the Bank United Center after a huge home win</li>
<li>Meet President Bill Clinton (he’s on campus almost every year!)</li>
</ol>

<p>Ugh, starbucks, haha</p>

<p>My S would add</p>

<ol>
<li> Take Pres. Shalala’s course on US healthcare</li>
<li>Visit the Lowe Art Museum, especially on a first Thursday [Lowe</a> Art Museum: LoweDown Happy Hour](<a href=“Lowe Art Museum - Home | Lowe Art Museum| University of Miami”>Lowe Art Museum - Home | Lowe Art Museum| University of Miami)</li>
<li> Attend a performance at the Frost School of Music</li>
<li> Attend a Hurricanes baseball game</li>
</ol>

<ol>
<li>Send letters to Shalala in support of what she has done for the campus and what she is doing. Encourage her to continue to make UMiami a top tier university in the United States of America.</li>
</ol>

<p>^ Totally agree. One problem with UM is that it has a lot of sports fans, and most of those fans never went to the University and never stepped foot in a class here - they don’t care about the academics. So every time our ranking goes up in USNews, you hear them complaining about how we should dedicate more money to football.</p>

<p>Shalala is doing a great job :slight_smile: And, thankfully, she said she’ll be here for at least a few more years until the end of this fundraising campaign. (She’s older than 70 now, I think, so she was bound to retire soon, I suppose!)</p>