UM Class of 2016 EA Applicants Thread

<p>isabella, there will be a congratulations message that pops up after you sign on. Can’t miss it! Heard from someone who already got in Early Decision.</p>

<p>Wonder what happens if you’re contstantly signed in and just keep hitting refresh?</p>

<p>MarineBio444!!!</p>

<p>YEAH!!!</p>

<p>I just knew you would get the Singer/Stamps invite!!!</p>

<p>What time?</p>

<p>Really could be any time. I’d project around 7 latest 8. They just sent out the scholarship emails so I’d doubt they’d post decisions right now too. But no one really knows.</p>

<p>Congratulations to all of those who got the Singer/Stamps invites! Very exciting! My D is Stamps Scholar freshman, and it is an incredible scholarship. Aside from the money (which is obviously fantastic), there are many special opportunities. She even got to have dinner at Mr. Stamps house! </p>

<p>After the weekend, you’ll find out if you keep your current scholarship (in past years, it was the University $24,000), get Singer, get another scholarship added on to the current, or if you are a Stamps finalist. You can also get Foote Fellows, which isn’t money, but lets you waive general requirements. If you are a Stamps finalist (at least last year), you have a skype interview with Mr. Stamps. </p>

<p>Good luck to those that haven’t heard yet with your EA decision! Hoping for good news for you.</p>

<p>I didn’t see MarineBio444’s post…did he do it on fb?</p>

<p>Does anyone have any info. on the odds for Singer/Stamps? I was wondering how many students are invited, particularly for the Singer scholarship, and how many end up receiving the scholarship. Miami is an expensive flight for us! :)</p>

<p>Zinc</p>

<p>It was this thread. Page 16, post 236. So happy for him. He wanted it badly.</p>

<p>Ah, SVMMom I just saw his post - way back at 3 o’clock-ish.<br>
Tessie - I have some stats at home that they gave us about the numbers - try to dig out and post later. Bottom line is that most who attend the weekend do not receive the Singer and very few receive Stamps - however everyone I spoke with who didn’t get the S/S award, had a 4K Gables scholarship added to their 24k - so over 4 years the 16k pays you back for the trip to Miami - of course, that assumes you end up attending UM!
~Zinc</p>

<p>Great point, Zinc! (Would still love to see your numbers… :wink: )</p>

<p>I agree with posting numbers so we can all see how we compare</p>

<p>There’s another thread where we all posted numbers.</p>

<p>OMG!!! Received the Stamps and Singers Competition Invitation!!!:)</p>

<p>What thread</p>

<p>I also got my singer/stamps email! But still no official acceptance…</p>

<p>DECISIONS are up</p>

<p>Welp…rejected, dude.</p>

<p>deferreddddddd</p>

<p>Wait not for me does that mean i’m rejected???</p>