UM Class of 2016 EA Applicants Thread

<p>Accepted with the 24k/yr scholarship!!! I’m so excited right now. I was on Skype with my friends when I found out, and I just erupted.</p>

<p>accepted!! where does it say scholarship information?</p>

<p>Accepted. No mention of scholarship?!</p>

<p>Mine still shows nothing…</p>

<p>accepted!!! 11k scholarship :D</p>

<p>it says it in the second paragraph. if it doesn’t say it i don’t think you were awarded anything ;/</p>

<p>Mine’s still not up… :/</p>

<p>:(. Missed the Dean’s Scholarship eligibility. I was in the Top 11% of my class - needed to be Top 10%. My life is over :/</p>

<p>Christena629 oh goodness, how did you figure it out??</p>

<p>2100549 same here…</p>

<p>Mine’s not showing up yet either!</p>

<p>Accepted, extremely low scholarship when I was in the running for a Singer invite. I am an asian male from california, first in my class, 2290 SATs, 800s on math/physics/ushistory/literature, ISEF ntl champion, great ECs/recs/volunteer/etc… and only a $16,000. I dont think i can afford this now… Asian discrimination? I have a full scholarship to UCSD…</p>

<p>Accepted with 24k scholarship and singer invite!! :slight_smile: Congrats, everyone! I haven’t made my decision on schools yet, and won’t for a while, but I have to say, with everyone on here being so nice, it definitely bodes well for the school ha. Congratulations again!</p>

<p>pinacalabria, I honestly have no idea how it could have been so low for you either. :frowning: Possibly take it up with admissions? Or at least ask them why? Sometimes I wonder if we were all so close they just pulled out names? I’m really sorry. But if you have a full ride UCSD isn’t a bad option at all! It’s ranked just as high as UM, is close to the beach, and the air fairs would be wayy cheaper for you. Don’t lose heart! Congrats on your 16k and your full ride to UCSD, anyway!</p>

<p>if you were invited to sing pinacalabria, then attend the weekend, isn’t it to see if you get a higher scholarship?</p>

<p>please don’t claim discrimination and ruin the happy mood here.</p>

<p>congrats everyone :)</p>

<p>to those who were deferred, i was deferred from my top choice in december… it hurt so bad, but it helped me a lot in perspective! good luck <3</p>

<p>I’ve heard that because there are so many spectacular Asian American students applying for college, it makes it a lot harder to get in because the pool is so much higher. Like I have an Asian friend who’s an average student and is pretty much screwed at a lot of schools. Just what I’ve heard, but I don’t know, because you seem to have pretty brilliant stats. Definitely better than mine…Anyone think it may have anything to do with the college you were accepted into? I know being from Oklahoma supposedly gave me a better chance of acceptance and scholarships because they want to extend their base and have a well-represented student population, and there are very few Oklahoma students at UM. I think there are a lot of CA students…</p>

<p>I am Asian as well and I was accepted (stats posted in Decisions thread). I did not put my race for any of my applications. It also helps that my first name is Italian and my last name is Hispanic. I let Admissions take a guess on whether or not I am an URM.</p>

<p>Accepted!! 24k scholarship =) Sooo excited!</p>

<p>I’m really regretting working hard in high school. It’s like a stab in the back.</p>

<p>Mine’s not showing up yet… why???
Does this situation mean that they are still considering my decision?</p>