UM Class of 2016 EA Applicants Thread

<p>RoKr93 Last year my S was accepted into the honors college at U of Michigan. We are OOS and my wife and I are Michigan alumni. He did not get one cent of merit aid from Michigan, but got big merit scholarships from U of Miami and another school. After he went to the Stamps/Singer weekend it was an easy decision for Miami. It just did not make sense to pay OOS tuition at Michigan when Miami was significantly cheaper. Now we may have a few bucks left over to help with his graduate/medical school costs. No regrets, he loves the U and so do I ! Good luck.</p>

<p>Has anyone who didn’t hear back yesterday get their decision today? I still have nothing. Waiting is beyond frustrating!</p>

<p>musicalme</p>

<p>Call and ask to switch to another weekend. In past years they have been flexible.</p>

<p>@miami12345 i didn’t hear yesterday and still don’t have anything today either… very frustrating but i don’t think they will post them until monday again at the earliest unfortunately</p>

<p>I still have heard nothing. Like I said, they’re probably taking the weekend off!</p>

<p>MusicalMe, I am in the exact same boat as you are! I was accepted for the 23/24th Singer Scholarship Weekend, but I’ll be in the Bahamas doing marine biology research on a boat too! It’s a program through Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium, and i’ll be gone from March 23-31 so I won’t be able to attend either weekend! I emailed Christina Busto explaining my situation, but I have yet to get a response. I’m hoping there is a 3rd weekend for RD students because I don’t want to miss my trip, and I can’t imagine that UMiami would penalize us for pursuing an academic interest!</p>

<p>I sincerely hope they are flexible. Did you anticipate the conflict? My D did not sign up for a twleve day academic trip to Panama this March, just in case. It backfired for us, too, because she was invited to a different weekend.</p>

<p>Anyone have any info about when the next batch of decisions will be up?</p>

<p>havent heard anything…
considering calling today (for the first time). is that a horrible idea??</p>

<p>WOW. i just called and apparently they had my transcript on file but never entered it so my app wasnt complete until like 2 seconds ago. they havent even looked at it yet and if i hadnt called they never would have. i wasnt frustrated with this whole thing until now…</p>

<p>nicolemcfarland thats exactly what i was soo scared about when I saw that i hadn’t received a reply! I think i’m going to call them now and find out aswell, eventhough over time i’ve called them a few times to make sure everything is complete.</p>

<p>i would definitely do that. i am sooooooo upset…like why did i even apply early if this was going to happen? i didnt want to call and be annoying but wowww i wish i had.</p>

<p>Did anybody get their acceptance packets in the mail today?</p>

<p>I get my mail late in the day, I’m just curious!</p>

<p>Nicole- that makes me so angry that that happened to you. You should ask them if they will still have you as early action and release your decision when they come to it (ie end of February instead of by April 15). </p>

<p>They mailed them out Friday, I live in CT. I’m guessing I’ll get it tomorrow or wednesday? But don’t they send these things out as priority mail, so everyone should get them within 2-3 business days??</p>

<p>I wish they came with a free t shirt :slight_smile: I’m so psyched about Miami, I hope I can afford it.</p>

<p>

Nope :frowning: And I’m not too far (Tampa, FL)</p>

<p>So my college counselor called Miami today to inquire about why I didn’t relieve a decision, and they said that applications are still under review and I should expect a decision in 2-4 weeks. What I’m wondering is why it’s taking this long, I applied BEFORE the deadline almost four months ago… All my EA schools have already gotten back to me. I might as well have applied RD.</p>

<p>Just emailed my admissions counselor and they said they’d be notifying people up until NEXT FRIDAY :(</p>

<p>I called my admissions counselor and she told me my letter hasn’t even been postmarked or sent in the mail yet. This waiting is horrible.</p>

<p>I got put in the international applicants even though i live in NEW YORK! Ughhhhhh so annoyed. The woman on the phone was like ya your decision is posted here so i asked can i you tell me? She’s not allowed to. From the sounds of it, i don’t think i got in</p>

<p>Applicant333, wow! Crazy how we have almost the same trip! I’ll be on a boat too! What island are you visiting? I don’t know if you will be able to do this, but I was able to get my teacher to work with me, and I’m going to Florida with the class, having my mom drive me from the Everglades to Miami, and then flying by myself to the island. Maybe you could do something similar? People are surprisingly compromising when they hear you’re really serious about something :slight_smile: But yeah, I had really been hoping for the Stamps weekend so there would be no conflict.</p>