UM Engineering question

<p>I was wondering if anyone knew anything about UM's engineering program and what the research opportunities are like there for undergrads??
I may have to pick between UF and UM and I don't really know much about Miami's engineering</p>

<p>any info would be a great help!! thanks!</p>

<p>any help seriously guys!!!</p>

<p>what field of engineering are you looking to major in? I am currently a junior biomedical engineer and there are definitely plenty of research opportunities within BME. All the faculty have their own personal projects and many have labs in the medical schools but also on campus. I know people doing research with stem cell and tissue engineering and I am working on the med campus doing work with diabetes drug delivery. It’s fairly easy to get research too, just work hard in your classes and then starting sophomore or junior year start asking around with the professors in the department to see if they need any help in their labs! Theres also an office of undergraduate research that helps match students up with faculty in search of research assistants, you can either do research for volunteer, credit and some pay!</p>

<p>i want to do something in like robotics and nanotechnology so probably electrical engineering
or bio mechanical/biomedical I’m still undecided haha
it’s either that or aerospace</p>

<p>I want to go to MIT for grad school so thats why i ask about the research
I got deferred this year and then wait listed</p>