UM flexibility & ED1

Hello everyone,
After researching a lot about UM admissions, I am starting to get the sense that people with GPAs under the average can get in with a SAT/ACT score in their average range: have any of you guys been accepted with average test scores and a below average GPA? Also, I was wondering if someone could tell me where I could find Miami’s admission stats. for ED1(acceptance rate, etc.). Thanks!

Don’t know about the ED acceptance rate but I got in ED1 for fall 2017. Here are my stats:
GPA: 3.5/3.6 out of 4 (Unweighted/Weighted)
ACT: 27/28 (Not super-scored/super-scored, UM does super-score)
AP: 5 on AP Human Geography and 3 on AP US History. Currently taking AP US Government and AP Macroeconomics.
Class Rank: Slightly under 50% out of 500 in my class, but go to a top 100 public school in the nation according to Newsweek magazine.
Extracurriculars: School TV, Tennis Team, Football Student Equipment Manager

As you can see, I am below the average admitted student in many categories. But if you prove to them that Miami is truly your first choice school and you badly want to go there, they will want you and will try their best to get you in. Show intrest by going to college fairs, regional information sessions or visit campus. Make sure you ask the admissions officer at college fairs for a form to fill out your personal information as that goes into the system and shows up to the people who review your application and make the decision. Write an essay that shows what your strengths are and why the university should admit you. Be creative. Be yourself. Unlearn everything you learned about writing in English class when you write your essay (except spelling and grammar). I don’t know what your stats are, but if they are around mine and do what I did, you have a good shot.

@Cane615 Thank you so much. Right now I currently have somewhere around a 3.4 weighted GPA and I take three honors classes(my honors American literature class offers the AP test so I’m going to do that as well).The school I currently go to is a nationally ranked boarding Catholic school so I think that will be an advantage as well(I go to class 6 days a week, but on rare occasions we get Saturday off).I haven’t took the SAT yet, but I am currently getting tutored, so hopefully I will do well. Besides that, I have a ton of ECs and community service, I am a varsity athlete and a JV captain as well: I am also first generation so maybe that will work out as well. Also, my school doesn’t rank. I visited in the fall, and I am currently planning on applying ED1(By the way I’m a junior).

@Cane615 just out of curiosity, what major did you apply for?

Broadcast journalism