UM or UCLA

<p>I've narrowed my decision down to UM and UCLA, where would you guys recommend. I'm serious; I only have two days to decide. Please give me your honest opinions. </p>

<p>I'm talking about social life, student life. and curriculum. </p>

<p>Oh yea, i'm planning to study business or maybe another social science.</p>

<p>Thanx a lot.</p>

<p>Hi brakefluid,
I am a junior and seriously considering UCLA or Miami as you did. If you are still an active member, I would like to know which school you chose and why.</p>

<p>Please respond as soon as you can! Thank you! :)</p>

<p>Wow, I haven't been on this site in years!! I chose UM and I love it here. The major reasons I chose UM were:</p>

<ol>
<li>I would have had to pay the out-of-state fee at UCLA, which is more than the tuition at UM.</li>
<li>UM is much smaller and the curriculum is far more personal- or so I've heard.</li>
<li>The weather is great and there is a lot to do. </li>
</ol>

<p>I really can't say much about UCLA because I didn't end up going to school there. I definitely do not regret my decision though. Miami set me up with great advisors who guided me almost every step of the way, In addition their resources for career planning are awesome. If I were you I would try my best to visit both campuses and ask as many people as possible. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. I was in the same position as you, and as you can tell nobody was there to help me out. good luck.</p>

<p>I don't have any first hand knowledge of UCLA, only what I've heard, but I agree that visiting both campuses is the best idea. You really can't get a feeling for a school unless you visit, and even then it can be hard to assess what it will feel like when you're actually going there. </p>

<p>I think that UCLA is a more highly regarded school and if you are in-state, the price will be much more affordable. I would choose UCLA if given the choice between these two schools.</p>