UM or UF

<p>Hi
So the deadline for admissions is approaching quickly and I was wondering what anyone thought of the difference between Miami and Florida. I hope on majoring in biochemistry with the hopes of doing premed. I know both have excellent educations but I'd like to know what you thought of your personal experiences with miami or florida concerning the atmosphere and community and culture. </p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>Congrats Katlee,
Have you visited yet? Both UM and UF are good schools. Both are rated similarly (UF being a little higher) and both have good pre-med programs. Both schools have their own medical schools. But the atmosphere and communities couldn't be much different. UF is huge. UM much smaller. Gainesville is a college town. Miami...is...well Miami. Gainesville is more economical (not much..but some anyway). I personally think Miami has more opportunity as far as diversity and culture. UF has a very large sprawling campus. UM is pretty self-contained, smaller, more community-like campus. Both are very beautiful though. </p>

<p>If money is an issue...(I'm assuming your a FL resident) than UF can be more economical. Unless you received a merit scholarship from UM. </p>

<p>Good luck with your decisions. I know my son has been very happy at UM. But as long as you make your choice for "you" you will suceed no matter which one you go to. If you do decide on UM, please don't hesitate to ask us more here if you need!</p>