UM Premed vs WashU Premed

<p>I have gotten Foote Fellow at UMiami along with the Singers Scholarship. With the Foote Fellow program I don't have to take any of the general education requirements and I can focus fully on my major and also the option to get into an accelerated medicine program there. </p>

<p>At WashU I have gotten good scholarships which almost fully covers my tuition. I know that Washu is a way better school than UM by rank and by premed track, but I am worried about choosing Washu because I have hear that doing premed at WashU is very hard and it will be stressful. </p>

<p>What is the premed track like at UM compared to top universities? How many premed students actually get into medical school? Will the Foote Fellow program help in any way? What are the advantages of doing premed at UM instead of WashU? </p>

<p>How hard is it to get into the sophomore year accelerated medicine program?</p>

<p>Last year Miller (UM med) took 51 undergrads from Miami. They really concentrate on taking their own. I would think that with the Singer you have a leg up in that they already have a significant investment in you. Premed at Miami is actually pretty rigorous, though Wash U premed is about as tough as it gets. Med schools love successful Wash U students. Among other schools former Miami UGs are currently M1s at include Vandy (2), USF (2) and CWRU. D is also a Singer and did some research on this.</p>

<p>Pretty sure acceptance of UM’s undergrads to medical school (not just Miller) is around twice the national average (~80% vs ~45-50%).</p>