UMass Amherst Class of 2027 EA thread

Acceptance OOS engineering just now

2 Likes

Daughter OOS got into engineering including honors college and merit.

4 Likes

i was just gonna ask, man this is terrible.
did office say when next batch is?

okā€¦ so i guess thats all for todayā€¦ see everyone back here next week! HAHA!

No, but itā€™ll be ā€œreleased by the end of the monthā€

Daughter got in. No Honors College and no $$. Kind of shocked but we are in state.

1 Like

iā€™m so shocked that I called to see if it was a mistake!! We are oos

2 Likes

I had to reread the letter twice to see if I missed anything. She has gotten lots of merit every where else.

Since engineering was released today and son didnā€™t get email or update on portal, should I just assume he didnā€™t get in? Such a disappointment as his twin got in for another major.

1 Like

No, please donā€™t assume that. This is just the second wave. There will be others with acceptances. Take a look at the threads from the past two years.

1 Like

From what I understand almost all state colleges do not give out much merit for the instate studentsā€¦$2 to $5 per year.

Donā€™t give upā€¦It sounds like they did not give all the decisions out for the engineering, business and CS majors. Maybe next wave.

1 Like

Daughter got in, in state, to her second choice of major. Phew, we are relieved after her fair share of deferrals! Does anyone know if they hold ā€œadmitted studentā€ days/tours? I could only find the standard campus tour on their website.

2 Likes

If they didnā€™t give me an update, will I get rejected or waitlisted? That seemed to be the trend last year.

DD OOS to isenberg with $16,000 per year merit.

4 Likes

No, there were acceptances in all 4 rounds

3 Likes

so disappointed today. Really expected to get a decision but havenā€™t gotten anything yet :((
All my bio/STEM friends got in, so maybe this means I didnā€™t get int :((

1 Like

Got in. CS in state. No honor No money

1 Like

Please donā€™t make that assumption. If you look at prior years, there were acceptances in all 4 waves.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your support! Just disappointed we waited so long for nothing.

2 Likes