UMass Amherst Class of 2027 EA thread

Our daughter received the same email…

1 Like

Same here

2 Likes

same! they should start releasing the first wave by next week, most likely.

2 Likes

So not really any new info. But hopefully it signals the beginning of the notification phase.

1 Like

I know from last year (a family friend of mine attends UMass Amherst) that they released decisions a few days after they sent this email (at least the first wave) so let’s see.

1 Like

Have they ever sent out decisions on a Friday in the past?

There should be some historical data we can check on the dates they’ve released in the past 3 years (that should be enough for context)

Does anyone know from past years whether this is a school that tends to offer merit along with acceptance or do they tend to do it later?

I’m pretty sure they give merit w/acceptance.

1 Like

I believe that they wrote in their first email after the application was submitted that they will notify about merit at the same time as admission.

2 Likes

My 2021 son got merit and honors at the same time as acceptance.

1 Like

Thanks all!

so should we expect the first wave to be this upcoming tuesday considering the fact that they usually release on tuesdays?

1 Like

Possible

1 Like

It would have been nice if they mentioned approximately when they’d start releasing - next few days, next week sometime, whatever. Something. Also a mention of the process - perhaps they’ll be releasing waves along the way? All we got was when they’d be done. Check your portal along the way. Maybe something will be in there. Not to worry stressed out high school student, we’ll try to smooth things out for you.

Other schools do it. This just feels like half-assed government work. I hope this isn’t how they teach.

Yeah, they should release the first wave around tuesday is my guess.

We can’t be sure however, cus waves came out on Thursday in 2020, so it could be any day of the week that they’ll stick to

My UMass junior (graduated HS in 2020) was accepted on Wed Dec 11, 2019. She got the email around 4:30 pm. Our younger child is now a senior and is anxiously awaiting news. The release of decisions at UMass is painful and never makes any kind of logical sense. There are usually 3 or 4 waves of decisions that happen every couple of weeks until the end of January. Just hope we can be in a early wave!

5 Likes

received an email of “next up for UMASS”, it says result will come out by end of January.

1 Like

Does everyone get that email?