UMass Amherst Class of 2027 EA thread

It is strange, but but hopefully it’s nothing to worry about. I trust you will keep an eye on portal tomorrow. Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll keep an eye on this thread. My kids won’t let me near their portals.

3 Likes

I’m just hoping they release the first wave soon (I’m impatient and my ADHD makes this wait way worse)

3 Likes

same

2 Likes

Do they usually release in the evening? Looks like most of the schools I’ve been watching release in evening but I am not sure

1 Like

I read the thread for the EA applicants last year and a fair amount of people received admissions decisions in the afternoon

3 Likes

Did those threads say how many days decisions were after the e-mail?

My daughter (class of 2024) received her decision in the evening on December 26th. The release of decisions didn’t have any rhyme or reason at the time…if that’s helpful.

1 Like

My daughter’s admission date was similar – she is class of 2025 at UMass – I think it was just days before Christmas that she was notified.

My son has applied and is waiting . . .

1 Like

My son did not hear until January (class of 2024) from Isenberg (Yes - he is there currently). He had applied with everything in in September(!) and did not hear back til mid January so in 2020 it did not matter when you applied you could wait months…

not really, although someone earlier in this thread said 2-3 days after the email was the first batch

1 Like

Umass ‘24 child was accepted Dec., whatever the first wave was. I wonder if it’s by school/major? Are all Isenberg at the same time, for instance?

2 Likes

I don’t know, but last year’s EA thread looked like the majors/schools with the most (competitive) apps took longer. Nursing, Business, Engineering, CS.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’d said that- historically it seems to be that way, but in this case, the first wave will likely be out early next week. (i’m speculating!)

1 Like

My son is an EA applicant and says he did not receive an email…. Did it come onto the portal or to your email used for your application? Thank you

1 Like

The notification came by email.

1 Like

The first wave 24 people are already accepted this year?

1 Like

No they are referring to their child class of ‘24

1 Like

MY S applied EA and didn’t get an email either. We’re OOS/CA.

2 Likes

I applied EA and I’m in-state but haven’t heard from UMass since the last email, either. My guess is they’ll release the first wave next week.

2 Likes