UMass Amherst Class of 2027 RD thread

Is the end of March the correct time to expect the regular decision release?

1 Like

I applied RD and just received my decision (admitted to honors college). Does anyone know why it came out so early?

1 Like

Wondering the same. Did they release RD decisions for everyone?

My OOS daughter hasn’t seen anything yet for engineering. @Lucas_Farhat congratulations! Do you mind sharing your major and if you are in or out of state?

1 Like

Thanks! I’m in-state and I got in for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.

1 Like

My Son received his decision today as well. Wasn’t expecting it yet as he applied on Jan 14th but it’s a pleasant surprise as he received merit money as well. I can’t remember what major he applied to. Usually business but he has been mixing it up as of late. We are OOS. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!!

2 Likes

anybody knows if it is difficult to change major to cs in umass?

The number of CS majors is capped, and transfer into the program is not guaranteed.

Seems like decisions are coming out on a rolling basis. But I just got mine!

my daughter just got her acceptance letter as well

1 Like

Out student just got it today as well. Honors Isenberg In State with $2k Deans scholarship.

Yes! My D23 Accepted with 12k chancellor’s. We are beyond ecstatic! Good luck to everyone and thank you to all of you on CC for guiding a nervous mama through it all!

2 Likes

Many Congrats. OOS?

1 Like

Yes, OOS. made it Into Civil Engineering at Amherst

1 Like

Yes OOS, Arts

Congrats to your students. that’s a great scholarship for RD round.

I still havent gotten admissions back does that mean it will probably be a rejection

No, they are just doing it waves (maybe by major? not sure). You should hear back in the next few weeks. Does not mean you will be rejected.

Yes they release in waves and will do so throughout March, so hang in there!

FINALLY - Got my decision today! RD - It was a yes to School of Architecture!

1 Like