UMD - College Park Class of 2025 Regular Decision

So far it’s just online, but I saw they said Maryland day would be in April, so maybe they are hoping for admitted students events in April?

1 Like

thank you!

I’m sure this has already been asked, but I was wondering for those of you who got into the Honors College… did this invitation come with your acceptance letter to UMaryland, or did it come after?

1 Like

It is part of your acceptance letter.

You can self nominate for the Scholars program now but if you didn’t get into honors you have to wait until to apply until after you are a student.

Question about Carillon Communities LLC: is this a 1 year commitment or longer? Can’t seem to find that info. Thanks!

looks like it’s just one year:

1 Like

How do you self nominate?

Thank you!

From google …

https://umdsurvey.umd.edu/jfe/form/SV_dmnofcBSAsiuMTP

1 Like

So, if they were doing on-campus visits, then I would expect for them to do supervised outdoor activities for the current students living on campus. They are not doing much. Even the RA groups meet virtually.

I wouldn’t necessarily count on Maryland Day going forward as planned either. Maybe much more of the county and surrounding areas will be vaccinated by then, but I wouldn’t count on it.

I’m worried about that too. Given that everything else is cancelled on the tours page (for anything live) I suspect Maryland Day will cancel as well, especially since it seems like a public/community event that brings in many people. I may call admissions today (or tomorrow since they are closed for the snow) and hope to have an answer. If there will be no live tours before May 1st, we’ll just plan to go on our own one day during Spring Break. It’s a big campus, so doing this without a guide is a bit intimidating, but that’s how it might have to be.

It’s big but compact. But they do have a self guided tour

https://admissions.umd.edu/visit/daily-visits/self-guided-tour

1 Like

Thank you for the link. With a self guided tour, we don’t have to worry about the weather or schedule conflicts, etc. I don’t think any of the schools are letting tours inside the buildings anyway, so a walking tour with map guidance should be ok. Maybe we’ll pay a random student to walk us around for the day!

1 Like

I will warn you there is a lot of construction going on, the biggest is the installation of the purple line for our metro system (subway) which will be amazing for students mobility into the city and surrounding DC metro area for sure!

They are also building new dorms and a few new buildings. Lots of exciting new things for College Park!

3 Likes

There is also a major road construction project on Route 1 between the Beltway and UMD

Thanks for the heads up. This may be a really stupid question, but this construction would not affect someone coming from Philly but just coming from the south/west?

It’s on campus, and on route 1, which is one of the main roads near campus. So it wouldn’t affect you getting there, it’s just something you’d notice when you got into College Park.

1 Like

It would actually affect people coming from the north and west (somewhat). UMD is south of the DC Beltway (495) on Route 1. You should be able to see the route from Philly to UMD on google maps. I assume that you will be taking 95 south to get there. I’m not sure how bad the construction affects traffic. I have not been there since it started. (I’m originally from Philly)

1 Like

Thank you. You can see how geographically challenged I am! We will be sure to go on a good weather day hopefully at a time with less traffic. My husband gets very cranky with stuff like this, so I need the set up to the tour to be as perfect as possible!