UMD Common App Help

On one of the parts in the Common App questions for UMD, it asks “Please select the number of college credits you currently have in progress. If you do not currently have any college courses in progress, select 0.”

What does this mean exactly? I have taken many AP courses, such as Comp Sci A, BC Calc, Chem, Lang, Psych. I have also taken a few post AP’s like Multivariable Calc/Linear Algebra and comp sci data structures. Am I supposed to calculate the college credits from these courses?

No. You won’t be awarded college credit for AP courses until you enroll.

Where did you take “post AP” math and data? At your high school? Or at a college? Are these counting toward high school graduation requirements?

1 Like

The math was DE that awarded credit from a local university but had classes at the high school and the data was not DE but was a course offered by the high school.

You should list college courses (DE or direct) that are currently in progress and will appear on a college transcript, not your HS transcript. It looks like this isn’t applicable to you based on what you’ve said. So enter 0.

3 Likes