UMD Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

The decision letter will say their major or it will say Letters and Sciences if they applied to an LEP and weren’t accepted to that.

My D22 in the same boat - will be calling admission Monday… Really frustrating.

It’s not! It’s awesome. You start school with everybody else, you’re in the dorms with everybody else, you take classes in the afternoon that are smaller than everybody else’s classes. (You can fulfill your GEN Ed requirements in a smaller classroom.)
My older son did it and he is about to graduate Maryland in May from the Journalism school. He was not limited in any way…for him it was a win-win!

5 Likes

She can apply to engineering and get in that way once she’s at UMD. It’s disappointing, but she can still get accepted to engineering.

1 Like

My S22 OOS was accepted and invited to join CIVICUS, a LLC focused on leadership and community service. Waiting to see what financial aid looks like. He’s still waiting for 4 other decisions.

1 Like

Mine hasn’t heard anything either (application in 10/15). Was starting to think we were the only ones!

Yes, offered Freshman Connection for fall, but that seems to be less than ideal. The letter did mention waitlist for the fall, but I don’t have it in front of me, so I don’t know the exact wording.
I was reading over his shoulder once he took a second look and he didn’t give me much time to read it.

We were really looking forward to this decision. It was among our two top choices… Not sure what happened with application. I’ve seen people in the same boat last year, but could not find why and how it was resolved…

Interesting. We will have to take a closer look. Classes in the afternoon instead of 8am might entice my son :joy:

FC is not eligible for any merit scholarships though… not that we were expecting much, but kinda hoped with his stats that they’d throw something his way to help with OOS tuition.

Congrats to all who got in!

2 Likes

Accepted (In State)
Engineering & Honors
4.0 UW/4.94 W
1570 SAT, 36 ACT, 14 APs

5 Likes

Thank you so much

My niece and several friends children have done Freshman connection at UMD. It is almost no different than being admitted for Fall. Several years ago, Freshman Connection kids had to live off campus first semester, but now they get freshman housing . they can rush fraternities and sororities and join all the clubs. They are the same as all other kids with the one exception that during the Fall semester they have to take classes later in the day. (I think after 4 or 5 pm). Basically Freshman Connection is how UMD makes their stats look better. They say “spring admission” and then report the very high stats of the Fall admission kids. Then they let the other kids they wanted to accept in the back door for Spring admission and don’t have to include their slightly lower gpa’s and SATs in their admission stats. Anyone who got Freshman connection should not be afraid to take it and should be happy they got in. The kids that I know who have done it said their freshman experience was no different than Fall admits.

7 Likes

Hang in there…hopefully this will be resolved by Monday. Super frustrating for all.

1 Like

Well, I know a young man, one of my daughter’s friends, who went into Freshman Connection.

Right now, he is a Yale, getting a PhD in Physics.

College can be a place of Opportunities, if you take advantage of them…

9 Likes

Same here , only check list and everything was submitted end of September.
Will have to call and chk on Monday

1 Like

Accepted OOS
Comp Sci
5.89/7 UW
1530 SAT
3 APs

3 Likes

For future years’ reference - the directory link is a give-away for acceptance. If you can log into the directory and your student is found, it means they have a UMD.edu email address assigned to them. Ergo, accepted.

https://identity.umd.edu/password/directoryentry

1 Like

So now you tell us!!!

Found out about the link before the server crash. But couldn’t confirm actually accepted until after it came back up.

Congrats. Same for my OOS D. Do you know anything about scholars? Is it selective?