UMD Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I was accepted and the link never worked.

2 Likes

Interesting. I guess if it works, you’re in. But if it doesn’t, then it doesn’t mean you’re not.

May have something to do with if you applied for Fin Aid or info on FAFSA. Uses last 5 of SS# for initial log-in.

1 Like

Son also got into UW Madison BS direct CS major in Letters and Science too. He is relieved and feels UW is better option for various reasons including direct admitted as compared to UMD.

1 Like

Will there be an admitted students day? I didn’t find anything when trying to look up.

1 Like

does UMD send out acceptance packages?

not change in portal for us as well (we are from CA). We had a problem in our portal by end of dec. After few calls, we raised a help desk ticket with apply web and the issue got resolved earlier this week.
In Our S22’s portal : The view details shows as below:
Started: 02:05 PM, January 25, 2022 (PST)
**Sent:**03:09 PM, January 25, 2022 (PST)
However, the view check list says the right info:
Your Application is:
Complete
Your Application Complete Date Is
2021-10-17

While we had the ph conversation with UMD earlier this week, they clearly mentioned that they got all our application details well before the EA deadline.

Anyone has seen/faced such a situation like us in the past?
Until now, we have not seen any change in the portal (the password link that was sent earlier in this thread doesnt work for us)

Any info is appreciated.

When my daughter did FC a few years ago (and loved it, btw), it was cheaper than regular tuition. Saved me a bunch of money. She was OOS and all of her other OOS friends were on FC, too. No stigma. Didn’t feel weird. She loved the late classes, and thought they were better. Great advisors, too.

3 Likes

My stepson got accepted. Acceptance letter says invited to Carillon communities.
Asian, In state , 3.9 GPA and 1480 SAT

2 Likes

We are in similar situation , no decision .
May be when we get to talk to admission officers on Monday they can tell us .
There are 4-5 others on this forum with similar issue

2 Likes

crazy:(

1 Like

My son also received freshman connection. Disappointing to me, but he seems fine. He has high stats, all AP and honors classes with a special engineering track
. Need to look at the bright side, this is his dream school.

5 Likes

This is good to hear. Did she live on campus?

Daughter also accepted and it still doesn’t work. She was accepted into the scholars program.

Thanks for this. He does have a tough time getting out of bed in the morning, maybe this will be a good way to ease into college life. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Accepted: Engineering Aerospace
OOS
3.97 UW/4.495 W
Test optional
Excellent ECs, including founding an organization and attending two summer engineering programs at Purdue and UIUC
Great Common AP Essay

4 Likes

Accepted: Engineering (Mech) Honors College
In State, public school
3.95 UW/4.8 W
1480 SAT

3 Likes

I am first time college student parent. Any feedback as to which aerospace engineering program is better, Purdue or UMD?

Oh very interesting to know the answer to this. We are considering both.

Thank you very much for sharing this information with us. We love UMD and really want to have the same luck as your two kids!

Meh. . . It didn’t actually work for most until literally minutes (maybe up to an hour) before decisions were released, so not really that much of an indicator. I guess it was useful for those who had to wait out the system crash, though!

1 Like