UMD Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Are you in state or out of state?

You can apply to the scholars program after regular admissions!

1 Like

Same here! I am definitely leaning to Purdue Honors.

OOS - New Jersey.

How many people here still didn’t get their decision?

1 Like

i didnt get it yet

1 Like

I haven’t either

I haven’t either

I haven’t gotten my decision either

Nothing yet

D22 F, W, OOS

Admitted to CS and Honors College.

4.0 UW
1st in class of 600+
7 AP 5’s to date, 5 more this year
3x AIME qualifier
Math teacher, head of dept., shared “top 10 of my career” LoR
Essays unknown.

To the above question of Purdue vs Maryland AAE - I first suggesting visiting, researching, and trying to find which is best for the individual.

To the extent that others’ decisions matter, D17 chose Purdue for Engineering (“cradle of Astronauts” and Armstrong Hall say something about the AAE program) and D22 will do the same for CS, both admitted to both schools. Through visits, sitting through classes, talking to students, it just felt right. For them. Fwiw.

10 Likes

same

This is probably more important than the difference in rank from 5 to 25, 10 to 15 etc.

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback. My son took a residential summer course at Purdue and loved it. We don’t know much about UMD, so was just trying to get a sense of others’ experiences. Thank you for sharing yours.

S22 was accepted in L&S, had applied for CS, OOS. Is it easy to move to CS if you enroll into L&S?

This has been answered many times above.

Yes.

1 Like

I haven’t received my decision yet. Has anyone else also not received a decision?

DS is in state but international and attended one year of HS overseas. The application was considered completed after:

• The school overseas sent the transcript, even though the HS in MD sent a copy of the official transcript from overseas. Each institution attended for HS should send their own transcript.
  • The English proficiency test score was received. Educated in the US except for two years but test still required.

An international admission rep contacted DS by email mentioning documents were missing without specifying which ones. We contacted the office by phone and they provided further guidance.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately, still waiting. This is cruel.

i didnt get mine either

1 Like