UMiami Class of 2025 - Spring 2022 Admits

same here, a sad situation! as much as I wanted to go, I will be rejecting my offer as the coa for one semester was around 37k!

1 Like

Hi! Any updates on taking community college Classes in Miami next fall instead of staying home first semester? What is your daughter going to end up doing first semester? I would love to take CC classes in Miami or get an apartment in Miami with other spring admits to get acclimated to the new environment!

Do any Umiami Spring 2022 admits know what there plans are for august-december? Iā€™m most likely going to accept the spring offer and Iā€™m trying to figure out what I could do from August-December. Anyone renting apartments in Miami, studying abroad etc??

I heard that 1-2 yrs ago Miami offered a study abroad program for spring admits, but I guess they took it way due to COVID.

If my son chooses U Miami for the Spring, he will stay home in NY and take local CC classes (maybe in-person, maybe online). Hopefully heā€™ll earn 12-16 transferable credits.

Right now his FA package is inadequate, so unless they give him more aid, he wonā€™t be attending.

1 Like

He means there is NO merit aid offered for Spring admits.

Has anyone chosen to attend spring semester? Iā€™m on the fence about attending and only have two days to decide :slight_smile:

Has anyone else heard that in prior years Miami offered a first semester study abroad program for spring admits? (Similar to Northeasternā€™s NUin program). Iā€™m guessing they no longer offer this due to Covid, but I did hear of students attending this program in past years.

So at this point U Miami has not responded with any type of appropriate adjustment to my sonā€™s FA package. Our EFC is below $5k but they expect us to pay $50k. I tried, with great effort and frustration, to get them to adjust, but nothing so far.

No harm, no foul, no blame. Itā€™s just not meant to be.

Weā€™ll be moving on.

Good luck to all!

1 Like

Anyone know what classes we can take in the fall at our local CCs. Every time I try and contact someone it seems no one knows. Any help is appreciated.

Hi again! Sorry it has been so long since I replied (and fell off the face of the earth). I believe as you already know there is a study abroad program in Rome but you have to apply directly. My daughter has decided against either going to Rome or studying in Miami (was just too complicated). She has decided to just stay home and save us some $$$ and go to the local community college instead. She will be going to Miami this Spring. What we have to figure out now is what classes she can take that will count for a full semester of credit.

We are trying to figure out the same thing. However our local community college is a feeder to UC Berkeley, so we are hoping most credits will count (but we are trying to confirm, either through our own local community college, or preferably through U Miami, which may be a pipe dream - have not gotten much communication from them at all)!