UMiami ED2 Class of 2025

Does anyone know if the ED2 acceptance rate is significantly lower than ED1?

I think it is quite similar if I had to guess.

Hear me out… I would love to hear back tomorrow as well, but who really knows if it will be tomorrow or a week from tomorrow at the end of the day. Also, UMiami and FSU are big rival schools as far as I know… not sure about UF lol. But still, whether or not a school is a rival with another school does not have to do with their decision release date imo lmaoooo.

1 Like

lol what is the logic behind that?

On the UM admissions Instagram account the woman said that ED2 is normally less competitive because there is a smaller applicant pool. Not sure if that is the same this year though because the deferrals were given an opportunity to switch to ED2.

Do we know what time they normally release decisions?

i got my ea decision 3pm cst

1 Like

It’s usually around that time between 2-3 cst

1 Like

Do they usually let you know about the time of the decision beforehand, or do they just release it out of nowhere?

no - out of nowhere - best to check cause the email notification takes a little while before showing up

UM admissions instagram just posted more admitted student virtual events for the 22- 24. Do you all think thats a good sign that decisions may be coming today?

2 Likes

Yes, I think that’s a good sign!

1 Like

Just saw this too. I think for sure!!! There’s no way they would do a whole week of admitted students events that end on Wednesday, and then admit a whole bunch of new kids that following Friday… just doesn’t make any sense. I’m optimistic for today

1 Like

Btw in my previous post I wasn’t tryna be a jerk… I know I was the one who said don’t speculate lol, but this post is quite interesting. I think decisions could definitely be coming today. Good luck everybody! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good luck :)))

1 Like

You too!! and to everyone else!

Not sure if this is what people want to hear or not but those events on Feb 22-24 have been posted for students that were accepted EA back in January as options for them.

Hopefully it’s still a good sign since they just posted it but it’s not because of additional capacity in my opinion.

You killin the mood.

6 Likes

What time should we expect to hear?

Deferred ED 1 applicant here who is vicariously living through ED 2 :,)
I would check the portal often!! I assumed my decision would be out between 3-6 but it came out at like 2:20!!!
Good luck guys! I really hope I can meet you all in Coral Gables this fall!

4 Likes