umiami email address

<p>when applying after my application was complete, when i logon to MyUM it says i have an alias e-mail with a @miami.edu ...does everyone have that or is that a sign that i am accepted?</p>

<p>Well I have an email alias as well. Ive been accepted as of last week. I didnt notice if before they accepted me I had one However if uve been accepted, at least in my case, ull get a big screen on the MYUM saying Congrats You Are A Cane and with a welcome letter.So if uve been accepted I believe u will know.</p>

<p>did u apply as a transfer or freshman? i just noticed the email alias thing today..but i havent had the screen or anything yet, it just says my application has been sent to the admission committe...does it say that for urs as well?</p>

<p>Yes before i was admitted when i clicked on the thing, it said my app was sent to committee for review. Eventually when u are admitted instead of saying that two things appear: 1) admission checklist (a ton of info on like whats next and a future Cane Student website with all sorts of stuff to do in) and also 2) u will have an immunization form link. </p>

<p>From what I understand, there are no hints. if u are admitted, its pretty obvious as ur UM will have different options. and stuff u gotta do to enroll.</p>

<p>so when i click on application status, instead of it saying it had been sent to the review committe it will say something different?</p>

<p>Well to begin with the application status thigny would dissapear. it will no longer be there. You will have in that same spot two things:
1) Pay enrollment deposit
2) admission checklist</p>

<p>ok once im admtted it will say that? whats the admission checklist for?</p>

<p>just tells ya a bunch of stuff.. Like info on what u gotta do:
- Residence halls
- Meal Plans
- Has a really kool "Future Cane" website for admitted students that has a lot of interesting info. </p>

<p>Look Miami has 20000 applications and they recieve more and more every year so it might take a while. Hold in there. From what I see in CC, not that many have recieved notices yet. Im surprised i got mine so early however ur defiantely not the last of the apps they are reviewing.</p>

<p>ok thanks man, right when u logged in that "your a cane" picture came up right? when you were admitted?</p>

<p>Yea the minute i logged on, instead of going to the usual MYUM Home page, it took me to a different page that had that message with a large picture in the background and a one paragraph welcome message.</p>

<p>thanks man, ill let u know if i get that or not...by the way are u a transfer or freshman applicant?</p>