UMiami Motion Pictures Film Production

Demographics: Male, Hispanic, first generation, brother goes to northeastern, 200k total income

Intended Majors: Film production

SAT: 1200 Superscore didn’t submit

UW/W GPA and Rank: 88.06 UW, 89.6 W. School does not rank

Coursework:

AP’s and Honors: AP world history, AP American History, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2. All B’s in these classes

Relating to my major: Creative writing, Film studies, Art of Photography

Awards: Bronze medal for 4x200m dash… that’s it

Extracurriculars:

• Paid Summer Internship for large ticketing company

• Top 3 sprinter and sprint captain for Indoor track

• Top 3 sprinter and sprint captain for outdoor track

• Editor for film club

• Treasurer and event organizer for local mental health organization

• Lots of writing, editing and personal projects. Filmed a music video to inspire newcomers for track and field. Another one of my edits featured on several entertainment news sites.

• Runner for Cross country with 25 minute PR

Essays/LORs/Other: Here I explained my hardships in trying to get a short film done. My school is extremely STEM-oriented and there are 2 other people who are interested in film who also haven’t been able to make a short film. Even in film club we can’t really make a short film. Not an excuse, but a lot of what I do is on my own personal time. I’ve written a short film script that’s ready to go and a full movie synopsis. LORs written by creative writing teacher and English teacher, don’t know what they wrote.

Schools ranked by most to least want to go:

School (deadline | decision date) [decision] only applied UM and NYU ED everything else is RD

• University of Miami (1.1 | 2.28). RD switched ED2 late

• University of Southern California (12.1 | 4.1)

• Loyola Marymount University (1.15 | 3.10)

• Temple University (2.1 | 4-8 weeks)

• California Baptist University (rolling | 1.2-1.9) [Accepted]

• Syracuse University (1.5 | 3.15-4.1)

• School of Visual Arts (2.1 | 1.20) [Accepted]

• Savannah College of Art and Design (rolling | 1/13) [Accepted]

• New York University (11.1 | 12.15) [Rejected] ED1

I think it’s gonna be tough at most but not all. You just need an opportunity and I see it at maybe 2 on your list. Best of luck.

I copied and pasted this, it didn’t include the part where I say weather I got accepted.

Temple - Accepted
CBU - Accepted
SVA - Accepted
SCAD - Accepted
NYU - Rejected

Temple was my #1 target choice but I think with the protests that are going on, LMU became my number 1 target. If I get rejected from LMU though I think it’ll be a tough call between CBU and Temple, though.

1 Like

Wow - better than I predicted. Congrats to you. CBU I thought a yeay and Temple.

Congratulations!! Certainly highlights the perils of trying to opine on chance me threads.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.