UMiami rankings in the future?

Does anyone know why UMiami’s ranking has slipped quite a bit in the past 2-3 years? I know it went up a ton all the way to 38th and now fell to 51 on US News. Is it common for the schools to go back and forth, and does anyone think it will go back up next year?

For what it is worth, it seems like U Miami was around the 50’s ten years ago and seems to have not budged much since then while other schools have changed their ratings significantly during that time. I’m not sure this means very much, whether those other schools have just become much better at playing the ratings game or whether these other schools have primarily improved their academics.

New President came from Harvard, he’s a big deal, Julio Frenk formerly head of School of Public Health just started last year. If rankings matter much, there is a likelihood they will climb in coming years. The rankings are also often tied to research $$, U Miami continues to climb in its funding.

Frenk is legit. They’ll be climbing up the rankings in no time.

@jpamsel how will Miami rise in the rankings?

@jpamsel Agreed. Particularly as the school has already made strides in its academics and reputation while Donna Shalala was President.

@ClarinetDad16

Can you please elaborate on your question? I’m not exactly sure of the answer you’re expecting from that question.

It’s a formula based ranking / they need to accumulate more points than the schools in front of them and stay ahead of the schools behind them. In what categories will UM significantly improve?