umiami waitlist/spring acceptance

<p>I was waitlisted at UMiami but for fall but was accepted for the Spring semester...does anyone really know what this means to my chances of getting in for fall?</p>

<p>im in the same boat… im not sure but since we got spring admit maybe we will be higher on the list, if they actually DO use the waitlist?</p>

<p>Did you ask to remain on the waitlist for fall?</p>

<p>My d will ask to be put on the fall wait list…wondering whether she’ll be able to make the jump from spring to fall</p>

<p>Dont go on the waitlist. Trust me its not worth it.</p>

<p>why isnt it worth it?</p>

<p>I also got waitlisted/admitted to spring. I wonder how many students enter in spring.</p>

<p>In our letter, does it say anything about spring admission or can we opt to enter during the spring?</p>

<p>Has anyone’s myUM changed? Yesterday I could view my admissions decision on the top right of the home page (when I clicked on it I had a letter that said I was waitlisted). Now that box is no longer there.</p>

<p>I can betcha that if you deposit for Spring, UM will move you to fall…if you feel like trying it…</p>

<p>it’s happening at alot of different schools this year…</p>

<p>i can confirm that miami is sending out offers of admission for fall 2010 via email. I received mine this afternoon. orginally, i was offered the spring 2011 admission in addition to the fall 2010 wait list. did miami put people on their waitlist without offering spring admission? and if so, are those you got the spring admission receiving priority for getting off the waitlist? i suppose i’m just curious.</p>

<p>My d was admitted for the spring and waitlisted for the fall,too. On Friday she received confirmation that she was off the waitlist and admitted for the fall. She is thrilled to be starting at the “U” with everyone else.</p>

<p>i was waitlisted for fall 2010 but i wasnt offered spring admission as well… so hm . i havent heard anything yet so i assume theyre doing spring admitted people first i guess. lame</p>

<p>^ Take a look this is a year-old thread. Maybe you should start a new one.</p>