UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

You missed my point. How can it open Jan 15 when admissions come out later and admission is a prereq. to submitting the LSA scholarship app. Moreover, the applications are actually reviewed on a rolling basis.

You missed my point. How can it open Jan 15 when admissions come out later and admission is a prereq. to submitting the LSA scholarship app. Moreover, the applications are actually reviewed on a rolling basis.

1 Like

My son just submitted the Umich application, do you know how long it will take to get the portal information to check the application status? Thanks!

1 Like

Usually 2-3 days.

4 Likes

Does U of M allow self reporting of SAT scores?

yes

2 Likes

Here is the rule and time frame but yes.
Requirements & Deadlines | University of Michigan Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

2 Likes

Students who wish to have an ACT/SAT score considered as a part of their application should self-report their ACT/SAT score on their application or through Enrollment Connect by Nov. 15 for Early Action consideration. Those who do not wish to have an ACT/SAT score considered as a part of their application should indicate that on the testing question within the application and self-report any other score information they wish to have considered as a part of their application, such as AP or IB exam

1 Like

Also please do not forget to enter any other tests you may have (e.g. AP) which my S forgot and now he needs to reach out to the AO.

2 Likes

I’d speculate that EA admissions decisions will come out Friday, January 27, 2023. It’s the last Friday of January, so I’d personally plan for it to happen then.

As for the LSA Renewable Scholarship, the app opens 1/15/23, but few if anyone will be notified of a scholarship prior to EA decisions being released.

1 Like

Goes against my gut instinct as well. A 1460 is a VERY good score. I don’t know what your CC is thinking, but I’d hate to completely disregard his/her advice either.

2 Likes

Have decided to disregard and to submit it. Spoke to a number of kids admitted from my school and who are students there now.

6 Likes

I understand your frustration and it’s a bummer class of 2022 stats are not in yet. I think your counselor is aware of stats of students from your school and also aware out of state stats are higher than in state. At the same time I’d feel out if there is any data on if more were accepted that submitted scores than not although those that submit are likely higher. As much as it sucks and 1460 is a great score, I’d lean towards not submitting as it might be low for out of state unless you fit an URM category.

In addition like others stated it has to be very clear that you want to go to Michigan and should come through in your application

Edited to add- I had 3 kids apply OOS from CA in fall of 2017, 2019 and 2021. Last year was an intense year and it seemed that stats went up as well as applications so the acceptance rate went down.

1 Like

The irony here is that every cycle, parents and students complain vociferously about UMich’s “yield management,” when applicants with scores in the 1,500-1,600 range are both accepted and deferred in EA. And can’t understand why.

1 Like

Welcome back!!

It’s that time of the year again :wink:

3 Likes

Hello friends :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m here on CC, but the Michigan forum has been quiet.

I can’t wait for the “Do I need submit my EA app by Midnight in my time zone or Michigan’s time zone?” (it’s applicant’s time zone) question or the “Do I need to submit on 10/31 or can I submit on 11/1?” (it’s by Midnight 11/1) question. :smile:

1 Like

It’s Jim Nantz.

3 Likes

Dang! You blew my cover :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Anyone here applying to stamps?

4 Likes