UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

This year’s forum is MUCH quieter than last!

Well, Friday, January 13th, today, has certainly passed quietly. And it’s after 3:00 PM EST w/o even a peep. :grin:

2 Likes

I don’t even have a kid in the game this year and I was feeling some butterflies around 3:00 today thinking back my daughter’s wait last year. As a high school teacher about 60 minutes from AA we always brace ourselves on possible Umich release days for the cheers and tears.

3 Likes

I haven’t ever had a Michigan applicant, yet I come here just to read the “excitement”! It was one of the most entertaining threads for vicarious stress and celebration last year.

4 Likes

Just so you know that I’m not lying, here’s the thread announcing Michigan takes the #1 spot on the Top 10 Most Active School Forums. Check out the list below:

1. University of Michigan
  2. Texas A&M University
  3. New York University
  4. University of California - Berkeley
  5. Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
  6. University of Pittsburgh
  7. The University of Texas at Austin
  8. University of Southern California
  9. Northeastern University
  10. Boston University

D21 attends #5 on the list. :grinning:

5 Likes

8,567 posts for those who want to know how much time we spent on the forum last year.

1 Like

LOL! I was on here last year for my in state D22 (who is happily ensconced as a freshman in the COE at UofM) … she’s my youngest, so I have no reason to be here this year, but it’s kind of exciting. She loves it there and I just want everyone to get in so they can love it too.

I’ve also been lurking on the Purdue thread (acceptances came out today!). I have ZERO connection to Purdue. ZERO.

5 Likes

What is a portal conspiracy theory? I’m intrigued! :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I guess when you rack up 80,000+ applications a year…you’ve got lots of potential contributors.

1 Like

My son just got accepted to Purdue for Planetary Sciences:)

5 Likes

Otherwise known as “portal astrology.”

I don’t specifically remember anything from the last couple years, but some various theories over the years like the “disappearing tab,” or the more recent (2-3 years ago) about Michigan requiring (or not) a final transcript or not. One year was some sort of string of characters. IIRC.

But others can fill in the details.

1 Like

I have sophomore at Purdue & an UofM applicant. My Purdue kid is thrilled that a friend of his was accepted today. So I’m happy to feel that good vibe.
For my senior who is hoping to get into UofM-Ross – I’m not sure there’s much to say until release day actually gets here. Whatever everyone’s chances are…they hands have been played and all the info is in the hands of Admissions. Nothing to do but wait for their verdict.

3 Likes

Besides what listed some students were able to do something with the web page and determine who was accepted or not. That had changed last year.

Also before a real release happens there is maintenence on the website student portal hours /day’s to a week prior. Tabs and things change with the idea of them loading results or testing the process etc. Everyone starts to compare what they are seeing. Not everyone’s portal will be identical and people talk about that.

2 Likes

I’m so glad I’ve found this thread. I’m waiting for my EA decision and I don’t think I’ve ever felt this much anxiety in my life. I thought I’d be stress free once I submitted all of my apps but I was severely mistaken :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

When will umich release EA decision?

Ya didn’t read the thread, did Ya :joy:… History says the last Friday of the month. Some think earlier like the week prior. Only Michigan admissions knows for sure.

3 Likes

I hope umich can provide an exact day. It’s big fun to wait for the moment with many people.

3 Likes

Typically they won’t…they might say something exciting like “by the end of the month”…

Welcome to the thread.

No fun in that!

:wink:

FYI. Historically, UMich has deferred a large percentage of EA applicants. So, manage your expectations accordingly.

7 Likes