UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

Yep 2016… The release was here and knew before my son did…

1 Like

Wrong thread… :rofl:

1 Like

Don’t think it really matters. You don’t have to use the whole word count but do it when it comes out. Follow their instructions and don’t send anything else unless they ask specifically for it. Following instructions is important but…

There never used to be a loci but soooooo… Many people sent one anyway so Michigan created one so they would get people who were more serious and also stop getting stuff they didn’t really want.

They already know you want to go there. This just confirms your still in the game but… They also say you don’t even need to do one…

My advice is… Nothing is optional…

1 Like

Well they use the word “by” the end of the month.

Let the debate begin​:thinking::grin:

1 Like

I was just on the Instagram site for Michigan Admissions and saw photos from the Maize and Blue event at the Fiesta Bowl. My son was invited to this but we couldn’t make it due to the holidays. Did anyone else attend? Was the invite sent to everyone or just a select few based on the region? Also, curious if admissions tracked this for DI. Looks like Ono greeted several prospective students who were in attendance.

Fun event but their not tracking it. Slipping Ono some cash might of helped though :joy::moneybag:

3 Likes

Good to know, I had the same question LOL. We didn’t go either.

2 Likes

Lots of chatter online that decisions may be released today. Since the change to January release for EA, have decisions ever been released this early?

2 Likes

No.

Not since they changed the release to January I don’t think

Now that I think about it, when the representatives said “not the last week of January”, they could have been referring to the last couple of days of January: Jan 29 Sunday, 30 Monday, and 31 Tuesday.

Well, remember what I said about baseless speculation? :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Two different student from two different schools, one in New York and one in NJ have said they were told by their guidance department it was today. These are friends of friends. We shall see.

4 Likes

Honestly, that still makes me feel better :sob: Before everyone’s speculation about today I was worrying they wouldn’t be released next Friday and we’d get them on Monday. Now that seems the least likely to me, but no one really knows until they’re here

1 Like

Apologies for asking what has very likely been answered already here - will Michigan only accept or defer to RD when EA decisions come out or will there be a rejection pool as well?

Answered my own question from U of M website “The Early Action decision will be one of three: admit; postpone for a final decision by early April; or deny.” Early Action Applicants | University of Michigan Office of Undergraduate Admissions

My son heard the exact same thing.

1 Like

Yay :grinning:!

1 Like

Well, a lot of signs do seem to be pointing to today… Anything can happen though.

Either way. brace for impact, y’all… :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

The experience of my daughter and her peers last years was that there were very few EA denials. There were also few admits, mostly deferrals. The number of deferrals seemes higher last year. If a student doesn’t have a shot Umich really should let them know in the EA round so they can plan for another school.

2 Likes

i heard this but think its fake. Cant imagine they announced to high school counslors who would tell their students. UM would want to be the ones announcing. Plus the counselor announced michigan, USC and Richmond but didnt mention Ohio State. Red Flag to me.

1 Like