UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

I imagine that the conversations may have happened, but the AOs were either misinformed or the counselors misinterpreted. Not sure which. I’ve seen a lot of people say they’ve heard it through their counselor though which is interesting to me.

i agree interesting. Also a great way to create buzz which helps the cc most posts game

2 Likes

I agree. And everything said within this thread is misinformation! No one knows.

1 Like

I have no idea whether it is fake or not. It certainly could be. However, both of the schools in question are elite/expensive private high schools. I have heard that guidance counselors at such schools are paid to cultivate and maintain relationships with AOs at selective colleges. As a result, I would not be surprised to learn that guidance counselors at these private schools are regularly tipped-off about the release of admissions decisions ahead of time through their relationships with AOs.

While it is questionable as to why the guidance counselor did not mention OSU, there could be rational explanations for that. Perhaps none of the counselor’s covered students applied EA to OSU. In addition, the counselor could have simply forgotten. Who knows …

2 Likes

My spouse is a counselor at a top Umich feeder and they are NOT tipped off or paid to cultivate relationships (although I kind of wish he was lol!). We saw these types of “insider info” posts a lot last year. Some parents were even calling admissions and saying they were told when the day was. It is all speculation.

5 Likes

Well, then I stand corrected.

Trust me. No one that answers the phone at Michigan is telling anyone anything. People can call. They won’t get anything more then “by the end of the month”…

This speculation has been going on for at least the 7 years or so I have been here in some capacity… Lol…

I haven’t heard about portal changes yet. Until that happens there will not be a release.

5 Likes

So talk about speculation…
My neighbors best friends cousin in New Orleans, told her that her dog walkers father, who knows someone that is a postal worker, said… Their first cousin in New York told them that the release is not this week.:statue_of_liberty::wink:

5 Likes

Bummer :disappointed:

1 Like

My friend just called this morning and actually asked flat out it was today and she said no and laughed like it was ridiculous. She said next week. Oh well:)

2 Likes

Actually?

Yup

1 Like

The speculations about “I heard…” “someone told me…” etc brings to mind a quote from SpongeBob, “Why, once I met this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy’s cousin…”

Or, from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off;: “My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.”

Or, from REO Speedwagon’s “Take It On The Run:” “Heard it from a friend who / Heard it from a friend who / Heard it from another you been messin’ around”

Just because you heard something does not make it true.

2 Likes

Exactly. I’m not even believing that someone called admissions and was told it was not today. All they’re telling anyone is “by the end of the month.” We just have to wait and see.

2 Likes

No matter when it happens, I find the speculation happening everywhere to be very entertaining. It’s a fun way to pass the time, for me at least. I like seeing everyone so excited about it because it’s gonna get more stressful for EA deferrals pretty soon

7 Likes

Ahh the post count.

1 Like

Gotta get to #1 most active thread again this year.

I didn’t go either. I think they sent it to everyone because I am in California and I got it.

REO!!! Awesome reference and of course sponge Bob… Lol…

1 Like

So I used to call admissions for you all and over 7 years they say the same things… Lol.

Anyway let’s think logically. They have a whole more week to accept you. Why would they cut that short and do it today? But if this theory is wrong it’s all @sushiritto fault anyway (told you I blame him if I am wrong) :rofl:

1 Like