UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

There’s something about these UMich threads that draws you in.

I don’t have a kid applying this cycle, nor do I have any ties to UMich. But yet, here I am regularly!

No idea why :grinning:

7 Likes

Not everyone, but maybe CA is close enough? Or, maybe those who got it can feel better via-a-via at least one other applicant. :rofl:

1 Like

Agree, we got it as well but didn’t go due to a conflict. Although, we did go to the game as we are Michigan alumni.

1 Like

I keep saying “I don’t care when decisions come, I just want the decision to tell me that I am accepted.” lol

5 Likes

They can’t show favorism by giving people extra credit that they went to the game. Many people can’t afford to go. That would not be fair. So it’s funny to me when people ask if it counts but I get it. Been there and done that.

2 Likes

Oh no, I wasn’t saying that at all. I don’t think they would have any idea that we went to the game nor would that be a fair way to track demonstrated interest.

1 Like

So a former UMich Admissions officer posted on her Facebook page and said

“We know that Michigan EA decisions typically drop on Fridays and if admissions follows the schedule of the past two years, they would release decisions next Friday, the 27th.
However, Michigan could surprise us later today. We shall see…”

This person is very well connected and worked in the admissions office for years. Could it be today? Maybe. We can only wait to find out…

4 Likes

Just like I could win tonight’s mega millions jackpot.

6 Likes

Well 3:00pm Eastern time will be interesting then. Kids… Go back to class and get off this site :rofl:

2 Likes

This is such a fun thread, as a bystander! Rooting for everyone’s kids next week…or today…or Tues 31st…

2 Likes

well, if the “could” was coming from a former Lottery official - I might belive you lolol

2 Likes

Just curious , why this forum is so active compare to other schools ?

1 Like

I’m finding that generally for all the schools! maybe class of '23 are much chiller ha

Because it’s Michigan!! I would think the regulars here might have something to do with it but whom am I to say :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses:

7 Likes

What changes have happened in the portal in years past? Just curious what to keep an eye on.

Last year the notification email came a day after decisions were actually posted…

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it showed text that said that decisions were being “processed”

I think most of my child’s school is compulsively checking their portals every 5 min for USC today, which is apparently rolling all day! At least UMich gives a time!!

1 Like

im guessing its because there are so many speculations about decision date

2 Likes

Also, it could be one of the most active due to the large number of postponed decisions. It’s not like it’s active one day and inactive the next–at least, not until late spring.

2 Likes