UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

I did see the post. I have learned that we know nothing for sure and we will have to wait and see!

2 Likes

My thinking is that they are going to release earlier than Friday because what is the point of date stamping around the end of the month when you could just say the last Friday. I do not think they will release the same time three years in a row! Maybe this is just me talking because I want them to get released earlier or maybe it isn’t; we’ll see!

3 Likes

If they release on Friday they don’t have to take all the calls from people asking why they didn’t get in… Is my take…

11 Likes

I think I’ve convinced myself that my son’s decision will undoubtedly be “DEFERRED” that I haven’t considered the very real possibility that it might be DENIED!

I even convinced him to expect a deferral. He acted very defensive when I first suggested it. Poor guy if it’s an outright rejection.

So that’s how I’m feeling. :laughing:

3 Likes

hi, I applied EA to U-Mich for fall 2023. when does the EA decision typically come out? It just says late Jan on the website.

The portal has changed… it’s coming sooooon

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

I take it you didn’t read any messages on this thread before posting your question. :blush:

1 Like

Looks like it will be by this Friday the 27th. Good Luck!

1 Like

Changed in which way?

Oh I see it! Can’t access portal! Wow.

2 Likes

Yeah, my son said he can’t access it and there is a message “decisions will be out soon”. Soon like today or Friday :sweat_smile:?

1 Like

It is hard managing expectations. Deferrals and rejections may be the outcome for even the best candidates. It’s like a game of musical chairs with 85,000 players and only 10,000 seats. May the odds be ever in your favor.

10 Likes

I think last year it showed up about 4 days before they released! So probably Friday

5 Likes

So question… Did any of you guys hear about the twin rule? It is a highly backed rumor in my district.

Lol. I so get you! I am also feeling a deferral coming my way but I am also a high achiever in-state student so who knows :woman_shrugging:. Hopefully not a rejection!

Maintenence to the portals usually happens the Monday of the week of the release… Is today Monday already?? :blush:

3 Likes

What’s the twin rule?

2 Likes

That if twins apply to the same university, the university won’t only accept one. They’ll accept both or reject both. Which twins applying invariably interpret as both will be accepted.

And it’s an urban legend more than a rule.

5 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

That makes no sense. Twins won’t necessarily have the same academic qualifications or interests.

6 Likes