UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

Haha… They are very hard to Ross students also. I have known many…

1 Like

And last year the thread count was over 2000 by now. This year we are around 700. Any guesses as to why?

1 Like

HS students moving to Reddit a2c? They like their own space and this is parent-heavy for sure. Maybe intended to be?

3 Likes

Truth! My son was in Ross and never got into a business fraternity! The professionally related clubs, groups, etc at UMich are all extremely competitive. (Business, premed, law, etc.)

1 Like

Just talked a dad of the “Power of Michigan” from his alumni son in Biomedical engineering. 10 years later Michigan is helping out. His device just saved a life at the Michigan hospital last week.

2 Likes

Possibly, but the proportion of students to parents on this site doesn’t seem any different than a year ago.
I’m wondering if maybe there were more discussions earlier in the school year about UMich just because of their Covid restrictions that continued in the 2021-2022 school year?
But I wasn’t on these threads last year, so I’m not sure.

3 Likes

My engineering son got $15,000 in grants with a Ross kid to start a student organization that lead to conferences on site. He did more business things on /off campus then lots of Ross kids…

3 Likes

One small example.

1 Like

I’ve tried several times, since the thread started, to set expectations low by telling CC’ers that they’ll find themselves far less disappointed, if they just assume Friday January 27 is the EA release date.

9 Likes

That is true!

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of anyone booed at a commencement ceremony, until the Ross grads were booed at this Spring’s commencement at the Big House. The only school of the 10+ to be booed. :grin:

5 Likes

Yeah, aware of Barger. But I’ve seen the frustration of many current LSA students–in addition to limited access to business clubs/frats, it’s tough to get “admitted” to the Ross business minor, tough to get into the business-ish Org Studies major, and it goes on and on …

1 Like

https://ent-minor.umich.edu/

It’s fantastic. One of my sons minors. Lots of classes were taught by CEOs. Project based working with real companies.It’s in Ross building also

3 Likes

This was good for $5,000 and you pitch your idea. If they like it… You get a check and advice…

Yes ,thanks, the students I know are aware of all this stuff. It’s good to hear positive things about the entrepreneurship minor, as I know some kids who might go that route if they don’t get into the business minor. It’s just frustrating to see so many paths blocked - a kid gets into Michigan and pays the huge tuition and yet finds so many opportunities have extremely limited access. But I’ll stop now because this is a total tangent from the topic of speculation about whether the decisions will come out prior to Friday or not :rofl: Thanks for bearing with me.

3 Likes

True in many, but not all, respects. My DS is in LSA. He applied for admissions in to the Org Studies major and did not get in. I was very surprised to learn that only 15% of applicants are admitted to Org Studies. On a more positive note, he was admitted to a Ross-sponsored business club. He also is in the Ross Cappo Sales Track and the Entrepreneurship minor.

2 Likes

This isn’t correct. Looking through the thread, it seems the blue screen showed from January 24th (after a brief appearance the week before) until the decisions were released on the 28th.

7 Likes

friday it is?

7 Likes

It’s the most reasonable deduction I think

3 Likes

I am still shocked that Booing happened and I was there. My non Ross son who was Econ who has friends in Ross was angered by it and said it showed a lack of respect. No matter how much he didn’t like some kids in Ross, he felt the booing was wrong and the Ross kids deserved as much respect for graduating as anyone else.

10 Likes