UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

Might as well start the thread from here and no one will be missing anything.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

They definitely should go back to test required, but they won’t because they want more applicants to look more prestigious with a low acceptance rate.

10 Likes

Does anyone else go on to the portal and just see this

1 Like

Yep been there since monday

2 Likes

So the theory it was today is gone… Lol.

But here are some rules that would help us out for future applicants.

When they release the decisions if you all could…

Give your unweighted GPA.
Any stats like ACT /Sat scores.
If your instate vs out of state.
Major applying to.
If you were accepted, postponed or denied.

I don’t think we need your height :thinking::rofl:

@sushiritto am I missing anything?

10 Likes

I have access to my son’s portal but typically will wait for any updates that he provides me. Do any parents check their applicant’s portal without them knowing? On D-Day (Friday the 27th) it will be noon here in Cali and my son will still be in class when results are released.

Essentially, what’s the parent portal protocol? :face_with_monocle:

I wouldn’t check their portal without their express permission. It’s like opening mail.

3 Likes

I’d just ask for in-state vs OOS, to keep things confidential about location, if the member desires this, and what school they applied to (LSA, CoE, Ross, Nursing, SMTD, Kinesiology, etc.), not the major, with one exception.

I’d honestly like to know the results for the CS major, since Michigan has instituted this new “advanced selection” process for CS. So, either CS/LSA or CS/CoE.

3 Likes

I had no access to either kid’s portals. So, I can’t speak to any protocols.

1 Like

Thx. I just changed it. I am tired being in surgery all day :mask:… Yes forgot about the CS… this year should be quite interesting… :wink:

1 Like

Varies, each family is different.
I had access to all my daughter’s portals to help double check everything was in good order. But I never checked results on my own. It was her application and I didn’t want to step in ahead of her.

5 Likes

Set your phone to vibrate and you will know if your notifications are on this site… Lol.

I honestly wouldn’t. It will steal their telling you the news and the surprise or not.

My suggestion is to have ice cream either way. :shaved_ice:

4 Likes

I would ask him if he wants you to check it for him. If he doesn’t, then I would respect that. I have access to all of my son’s portals, but I usually just tell him decisions are out and then he checks it and shares the news with me. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

as a high school senior, i would advise parents that want to check decisions without their kid’s knowledge (obviously not for people who’ve discussed it and gotten permission from kid) that if you’re gonna do it, you better be a hell of an actor 'cause they probs will NOT want to hear it from you

12 Likes

The entire reason I am on CC is to redirect my desire for updates, information and just share the journey. It saves my kid from me bugging her. So…I’ll hang out here until she gives me her news. It’s really her news to receive and share. I have never seen her application portals. It is probably for the best - with my luck - I’d go in and accidentally withdraw her Michigan app and the world would implode.

9 Likes

My son will be taking the Alumni Distinguished Award Scholarship exam on Friday at Michigan State. Same day as the U Mich results. I won’t be checking the portal, and we won’t check until everything is complete with MSU. Going to be a busy and exciting day! :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Good luck to him. The honors college etc is really good there.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

I am waiting for my DD to check. She has done all of the hard work to get to this point and she has earned that right. It is their life and their experience. Don’t steal that from them.

6 Likes

Nope. Never had access and didn’t want it.

1 Like