UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

Purdue’s president retired this year - but unlike several other Big 10 schools. He wasn’t forced out by a murky scandal (OSU, MSU, and even UofM has had some tumultuous turnover). Purdue has had a nice transition to the new pres Dr. Mung Chiang this year.

1 Like

Michigan’s reason for change may have been unfortunate, but President Ono has brought so much energy and positivity to campus. It’s been a good thing.

5 Likes

I think its CST because the dean of admissions in illinois tweeted that they would be out at 4 pm

2 Likes

I agree. President Ono brings a great energy to the University. More so than any university Pres at U of M that I can remember. He’s been making an effort to connect with the University community on a broad level. It’s a good direction.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. It was time for a change anyway and Ono was the right excellent pick. Sometimes out of bad situations some good comes.

3 Likes

Stressful day ahead. DS waiting on Michigan and Wisconsin, among others. Will be challenging to get my work done today…

4 Likes

lol, same. Fun times ahead.

1 Like

Well ya got till around 3:00 Eastern time so get going :joy:. Good luck to him.

1 Like

Same here!

From what I hear, could be later tonight with Wisconsin. Yay, more waiting.

2 Likes

Also Maryland and Wisconsin.
Lots of overlap amongst these 4 schools for many CS applicants. Hope you get good news from at least one of these today. Good luck to everyone awaiting a decision today :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

It’s gonna be SO HARD focusing in school today man… :frowning:. Trying to mentally prepare myself that I’m almost certainty going to be deferred but I know there’s at least a chance of acceptance so that alone is just making me uneasy.

4 Likes

sending you go blue vibes!!!

4 Likes

For those waiting on WI as well as MI, I checked my texts from last year - Wisconsin results came out in the evening (Fri, Jan 28, 2022). MI was afternoon. We parents were a feisty bunch on January Friday afternoons…Neil Peart comes to mind…good luck everyone!

4 Likes

Feel for ya kid. This whole “deferring almost everyone” wasn’t a thing back when your parents and the rest of us were going through this.

2 Likes

i have accepted that i’m going to be studying today’s lecture topics on my own this weekend :sob: completely spaced out already

4 Likes

Get a cup of coffee, listen to the music, relax…life is good.

3 Likes

Nice Rush reference… Not sure why but love Rush…

1 Like

Looks like everyone has applied to UIUC, Michigan, Wisconsin, Purdue and Maryland! We got deferred at Purdue for CS so not very hopeful for the remaining as the same pool seems to be applying. Best of luck to everyone!

2 Likes

You just never know if your kid’s supplemental essays were better for the other applications or for whatever reason their application caught the eye of the reviewer. I like to think each decision has no relevance to the previous ones. It’s the only way I can stay positive and hopeful during this process. Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes