UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

great band and greatest drummer of all time

1 Like

Mom of twins here, one applied to Michigan, both applied to UIUC and Maryland. I’m anxious to see where they get in.
What are the options today at Michigan- accepted, denied and deferred?

2 Likes

Yes. Deferred is now called Postponed… Lol good luck.

2 Likes

Add in Georgia Tech and Texas Austin. My son should have 4 decisions today.

5 Likes

Oh. So this is why they pushed it to this date. So obvious ,but not. Yes, really big engineering day I see.

2 Likes

And the skepticism that ensued…

Lol. I asked a young drummer if played to Led Zeppelin and he said… “Led What?” like John Bonham It’s not like I was asking about Buddy Rich or Gene Kupra :drum:

2 Likes

:four_leaf_clover:Good luck everyone​:four_leaf_clover:

I hope all you(r) awesome kids get at least one of your top choices from today. If not, there are many other fine colleges announcing later.

6 Likes

Last year, we were at the ADS when results came out. Lots of kids checking their phones at 3pm while listening to a MSU honors presentation. I got a kick out of it!

2 Likes

somethings brewing…couldnt get on the portal…

2 Likes

Try getting in again. Its back to the other blue screen saying EA applications are being processed.

finally I was able to get in. They are probbaly uploading decisions…so now we wait

1 Like

North Avenue Trade School…. Austin is tuff… 90-91% have to come from instate… so all of the OOS and intl fight for the last 10-9%.

1 Like

that’s kind of frightening about the OOS. Yes, I heard that percentage too. But I have friends who were out of state who got accepted. Granted this was well over a decade ago.

Rush is one of my husband’s favorite bands. We have a running joke that only men seem to like Rush. I never go to Rush concerts with him so he always reports back on who he saw there to prove that not only men like them. One of the last concerts, he saw the “hot” local weather news woman from our NBC station. Well, he now thinks she’s the coolest thing since sliced bread.

4 Likes

Yes! It’s a guy band—like in the great Paul Rudd movie, I Love You, Man!

2 Likes

He truly was. And now Danny Carey of Tool has been handed the Peart torch…

1 Like

Female here. Have always liked Rush. Been to one concert. And now we are officially off topic. Neil Peart strikes again.

So you’re the one…. I heard there were a couple female Rush fans in each state :joy:

This is my attempt to help pass the time.

I don’t even know if my son is aware that decisions come out at 3. He gets out of school at that time but we’ve pretty much discussed that it’ll most likely be a deferral. In fact, my guess is 75% chance of it being a deferral, 15% rejection and 10% acceptance at this time.

My wife is one also. Been to one concert 25 years ago. Some 13 year old with his dad there and she stopped going… :joy: