UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

Hooks: legacy (if considered), URM, First-Gen, Recruited Athlete. Everyone has excellent ECs and essays-- that’s not a hook.

3 Likes

Thank you! Best of luck to your daughter. You must be dying for her to get home!

Thanks… not sure how they look at homeschooling. It very likely stands out in some areas (e.g., Silicon Valley), so it may at the very least get an AO’s attention. More likely those relevant CS ECs put your son over the top. Congrats and good luck at Penn RD if that is top choice!

1 Like

Accepted LSA!!!
OOS - PA
Lots of research experience and volunteering
11 APs
GPA 4.0uw
ACT 35

Was not expecting this at all but so excited!!! GO BLUE!!!

6 Likes

Then I guess no hooks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

lol. Well I’m not counting on her getting in. She’s OOS, test optional. But I’m not even sure what her unweighted or weighted GPA is. I think 3.8 is unweighted but she takes all IB classes at her school. She wants to be a neuroscience major. Still, doubtful she gets into Michigan. But huge congrats to you!!!

2 Likes

Thanks! I think he’d still love to go to Penn but it’s good to know that no matter what he’ll have some great options. :slight_smile: We were fully expecting a deferral for Michigan so this was a pleasant surprise!

1 Like

weighted 4.91, unweighted 4.0, 1580 SAT, deferred CS

Yes they do reject.

I am on another board and have seen over a dozen rejections so far there

My race was put down as Asian(Indian), and the section of whether I consider myself Latino or Hispanic was additionally checked.

Short answer: mixed

1 Like

DD - Deferred LSA
OOS
11 APs + 1 DE + rest all honors
GPA 3.97 UW / 4.97 W
SAT 1530
Strong EC’s (selective free summer program; a competitive paid internship; club leadership; 4 honor societies; AP Scholar with distinction; one national level prize in a niche area)

Expecting deferral and eventual rejection anyway based on school history - DD applied anyway hoping a miracle :slight_smile: .

1 Like

what percent of postponements get accepted?

4 Likes

Last year there was a small batch of in state wave end of February but the majority of decisions were 3rd week March, not like the waves of past years

Postponed, OOS, 1/400, LSA, 36 ACT, NMSF. Disappointed parent here!
Congratulations to all acceptances!

2 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

Accepted!
LSA
35 ACT superscored, 34 composite
3.85/3.9 GPA (school doesn’t do them)
Taken all APs offered
Captain tennis team
Leadership in lots of clubs/organizations
Legacy

4 Likes

Unknown.

Daughter was deferred LSA (Applied to Ross)
OOS
4.0 uw/ 5.07w
1530 SAT
EC was mostly dancing related and decent essay (imho)

Was accepted into UIUC Gies (in state), so that plus Purdue acceptance w/ merit is good enough for us. Lots of regular decision results to look forward to in March.

1 Like

yes, deferred , cs

Last year was considered unusual IMO. Typically, Michigan has had RD release dates about 1-2 weeks after the Ross release dates. This year, those Ross BBA dates are:

Friday, Feb. 17, 2023
Friday, Mar. 17, 2023
Friday, April 14, 2023