UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

This statement is NOT true. Many do nothing and get accepted out of state.But I do advise that nothing is really optional and that they should read the instructions and follow through with loci and midterm grades if requested

2 Likes

OOS DS Rejected
Legacy
36 ACT
4.3 WGPA
13 AP and actual IS college courses
National Merit Scholar Semifinalist
tons of EC and CS
pretty disappointed

3 Likes

You mean deferred right? No way they would outright reject EA someone with those stats. Are you sure you’re on the right forum?

4 Likes

Did Mich actually reject anyone?

1 Like

What is your evidence that this is true? While I think every postponed applicant should submit one, I know OOS deferred applicants who didn’t write one and were accepted.

Sorry, yes he was deferred

8 Likes

I did. It’s definitely a form letter but did anyone else receive it? He was not postponed nor was he accepted

I am sorry to read this, hopefully your son will have a good option in the spring. Michigan has gotten so tough the past few years. I know a boy similar to yours, legacy, OOS, top stats, also denied last year.

I’m kinda confused about what I should do for the LOCI if I should write one at all. I have decent stats (1530, 4.0 uw) but they’re 100% not high enough to warrant yield protection (I’m not a minority either, other than neurodivergence). I don’t know what could happen between now and Mar 17 that would make myself stand out.

They do yes.

1 Like

Oh if he was deferred than he still has a chance! Good luck!

Thanks! Still holding out hope.

3 Likes

I would write it with two themes: First, reinforce your interest and why Michigan is the right fit, including how you would be contributing to the Michigan community. IF (and only if) Michigan is your first choice and you can afford it, say that you will matriculate if accepted.

Second, update any accomplishments you have had since you applied. These don’t need to be national awards, but a couple of sentences that show that you are continuing to work hard and remain engage could be helpful.

5 Likes

If you have additional information NOT already provided then great. But it really is just a letter letting them know that you want to go there and how you would be an active students on their campus. Don’t point out stats they already know like their ranked x in y. They really only do it since people were sending them in anyway so they needed a better way to process this. I just believe when given the chance that nothing is optional. Just sending the letter in shows your interested vs not sending one in.

4 Likes

Umich ‘27 accepted!
OOS
College of Engineering
SAT: 1390
GPA UW: 3.73
Nhs secretary
LETS GO BLUEEEEE I AM SO EXCITED

8 Likes

it is a bit tough to stomach

around 4k students get a 36 on ACT each year. My son got it on one try.

he has not gotten into his top 7 schools…there are nearly 40k students accepted into these same 7 schools each year

4 Likes

D23 OOS accepted LSA!
4.0UW/4.822W
14 APs (all 5s)
Top ECs—extremely competitive with national recognition
1530 SAT

Congrats to all and good luck to everyone for RD. GO BLUE!!!

1 Like

Yes. Got the same one. My some is RD not EA.

2 Likes

Congratulations! Without outing anyone, can you explain what a top, competitive, national EC is? Thx!

1 Like

Has he been deferred or rejected from the others? Bc half the class at Michigan has yet to be accepted. It may be true for the other schools he applied to as well.