UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

So, to state my previous question differently, did they simply defer everyone not accepted EA (similar to USC)?

No. A few get rejected but noone post here. A large majority are deferrals.

1 Like

OOS Deferred

Accepted OOS LSA. 3.85 GPA unweighted. 31 ACT superscore, 6 APs, no AP exams submitted. 4 year varsity athlete. Student government leadership. Runs business with sister that grossed $30,000. Lots of volunteer work with special needs adults.

3 Likes

Son deferred to Aerospace Engineering, OOS, 3.92 UW/ 4.55 W/ 1510 SAT, 9 APs, mediocre essay, decent ECs. Mixed feelings …

OOS DS CoE Postponed
1590 SAT
3.99/4.0 UW
11AP all 5
NMSF
Eagle Scout
Varisty Letter Track and Field
National Level math, physics competion awards.
A little surprised but it’s life. His friend has similar stats also got postponed. Luckily they both got into Purdue Engineering Honors College

1 Like

i’m so sorry. i feel like there is no rhyme or reason. kiddo also got 36 and 1590 in one try, strong ec’s, 4 subject tutor, leadership positions, varsity sport x 3ys, co-pres of 3 clubs, strong community service record, etc. for this very reason, this is why we encouraged casting a wide net. so far two state schools and one oos have said yes, postponed here, and outright rejected at 1st choice. you just never know. it’s tough. we went in with the attitude of shoot for the moon, but expect all no’s. we didn’t know how else to properly prepare for the disappointment that was sure to come.

Thanks…what I thought…
My Son was deferred. OOS - So Cal
4.2GPA
32ACT
8 APs, with 4s and 5s
Student Athlete with decent ECs, and some leadership. Not playing at the next level but sport has taken up the lion’s share of his EC time.
Top competitive so cal public high school

Postponed-LSA (psych)
Oos-IL
1520 sat
4.0uw/4.3 w
EC’s-mostly theatre stuff, with multiple leadership positions

Postponed
OOS (CA Bay Area)
White female, large public school
4.0/4.6+
IB Diploma candidate
35 ACT
Rank #1/550
strong ECs, even stronger essays
20 hour/week job
applied to LSA

So far accepted to CU Boulder, Wisconsin-Madison.

1 Like

Could you do a follow up on EC’s?

Congrats! My son is a junior at Stamps and loves it.

2 Likes

ACCEPTED-COE (bme)
in state
1490 sat (720ebrw 770 m)
3.8/4 unweighted
ECs: leadership, volunteer work + community service (got pvsa gold), bio research in lab, a few other hobbies
couseload - all IB

2 Likes

Does UMich release data on the number of EAs accepted and how many postponed? Also, any data on the number of postponed students accepted later on?

Thanks!! We are looking forward to visiting and learning more about Stamps next month!

2 Likes

Postponed for CoE (Aerospace)
OOS
1480 SAT
4.0 UW
Sports, Music, Science Olympiad, community service, etc EC’s
#2 of 450 in his class
12 AP courses
No legacy

Was also deferred by Purdue, but was accepted GaTech Aerospace today, so there will be some interesting discussions in the coming days

5 Likes

OOS - COE
Postponed
3.9u/4.65w
1560 SAT
11 APs
State award
Research
Other typical ECs/Clubs/sports/volunteer

2 Likes

Not that I know of.

Wow!! That’s an amazing program… Congrats!

I don’t miss the knish-loving (UM-funded) philanderer at all. He had no rapport with anyone other than the research faculty/industrial complex and even they didn’t like him either.

2 Likes