UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

I believe you have your high school counselor submit the midyear grade report to the university. The 250 word essay is the student’s space to share any recent accomplishments that UM might care to know about and/or strong desire to be a Wolverine.

6 Likes

No. The school sends the grades separately. They know how to do it.

3 Likes

Does the school send the grade for everyone, or we need to request it individually?

2 Likes

Mid-year grades will be submitted separately by your school. They were just saying they didn’t want supplemental recommendations, etc., but they will take midyear grades just like they do for all RD applicants, so not necessary to include that on the form.

1 Like

My school sends them to all RD schools so I just let them know that I was deferred and they should include Michigan when sending grades. Check with your counselor at your school and make sure they know to send to Michigan.

2 Likes

does anyone have an approximation for the out of state acceptance rate?

2 Likes

they really must not be talking about it

1 Like

Anyone got accepted BSN nusing?

Ask your school Counselor. Our school counselor uploaded the mid year grades to common app (1/28) and all colleges downloaded it on the same day. Pretty smooth process.

1 Like

That depends on your school. Your guidance counselor or office should be able to tell you their process. At our HS, they just sent out an email asking students to fill out a form to have any schools receive a mid-year grades report, and from that request they send it to the schools.

if you look on the official tiktok and instagram accounts you’ll see a few people who mention rejection. outside of that i’ve seen almost no one mention it, but that’s honestly probably because the stats of rejected applicants aren’t in line with those of students in the online spaces i’ve been frequenting.

2 Likes

Postponed.
D17. US Citizen abroad, Legacy (Parent), Test Optional. IBDP.
Awesome Why Us Essay.

This was her #1 choice. Now on to LOCI!

It would also be helpful to know, of those accepted OOS, what percentage are full pay? Is Michigan need aware for OOS? Can’t recall.

1 Like

Daughter Accepted LSA
GPA 4.0 weighted/3.7 unweighted
33 ACT (took once)
9 APs, all 4’s on test scores
OOS
Legacy
Hispanic
incredible ECs
Great essay

7 Likes

I would call the school and ask since every situation is different families do get financial aid oos. Will it be enough to cover your need, probably not but again every families situation is different. I know of families getting half expenses covered all 4 years.

Also they might have information about full pay oos but be aware that Michigan family avg is like $167,000. Which is high for a public school. They could probably easily fill their entire school this way. There really isn’t any shortage of full pay families that would send their kids to Michigan.

My son graduated like 1.5 years ago and I can’t believe the increase of tuition /costs since just then. We are oos. Good luck.

1 Like

As stated schools do it differently but the student has to let the school know to send it and keep on them to do it. At my kids schools all grades were sent automatically whether they wanted them or not to every school they applied to. It was easier that way and kept the students from slacking off senior year. Lol

3 Likes

Our HS counselor stated she’ll upload everyone’s mid-year report via Common App tomorrow. Will this automatically send to all the schools we applied for that show “Mid-Year Report” fields?

3 Likes

I don’t know anything about your school… Lol so please email today or call tomorrow and just ask. It seems like they do from what you said but no reason to guess when you can just quickly ask them. With college stuff we didn’t take anything to chance. Our kids were great at following up but their schools made it very easy for us. We were very lucky. After reading this again it seems like it will.

1 Like

Yes, it should. You can easily double check it.
Login in to your Common App Account
From Dashboard click on one of your colleges
Then click on “Recommenders and FERPA” will be on the left side of your screen.
Under Counselor, you should see "Mid year Report " Downloaded xx/xx/2023
If it does not say Downloaded; then the College in question still has not received the report.

Repeat above for all your Colleges from Dashboard.

4 Likes

Thx. This should be a sticky…

1 Like