UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

Congratulations to all those admitted to Ross in Feb. Are all Ross admits in Feb from LSA? or anyone from other schools? Any engineering EA who received Ross admission in Feb?

DS in State (GPA 4.0; ACT 36; SAT 1580; 12 APs, Numerical Extra Circulars; Leadership and Double Legacy)
Got accepted in CS (LSA) as well as Ross in EA. Admission states that LSA application is cancelled as Ross is the primary School as preferred admit. Just wanted to know if anyone has any information on the status of CS (computer science) admission considering the new set up of preferred admission into CS as he wants to pursue both CS and Business. Appreciate any input.

4 Likes

If you are selected for computer science in advance selection then you will have the option to major (and potentially double major) in CS. Majoring in both Ross and CS would be done through the MDDP model.

One of S friend from engineering (in state)got acceptance from Ross on 2/17.

3 Likes

Thank you for your note. Greatly appreciate it @cy2019bsmd !

1 Like

What are my chances for Ross. I already was accepted into LSA, but did not hear anything on first decision day for Ross.
Demographics: White Male, In-State, Small Catholic School 2 people have gone to Ross in the last 5 years, Recruited to division 3 schools for athletics

Intended Major(s)
BBA at Ross/Econ LSA

GPA, Rank, and Test Scores

• Unweighted HS GPA: 3.99
  • Weighted HS GPA *: 4.46
  • Class Rank: 1st
  • ACT/SAT Scores: 31

Coursework: Total APs throughout high school: 9, Honors Courses throughout high school: 5, and one dual enrollment class (I took the heaviest course load possible)

Awards: Highest GPA, Ambassador Award (Leadership and Vision), Academic All-State x2, Scholastic All-Catholic (Academic Excellence), AP Scholar with Honor

Extracurriculars
Varsity Basketball (9-12) Captain of the team in grades 11/12 All-League
Varsity Baseball (9-12) Captain of the team in grades 11/12 All-District and All-Catholic

Varsity Football (11-12) Captain of the team in grades 12 All-Catholic

Member of NHS (11-12)

Student Ambassadors Club (9-12) Leader (11-12)

Founder of Lawn Care Business (11-12)

Soccer Referee and Baseball Umpire (9-12)

Catholic Athletes for Christ (9-12)

Essays/LORs/Other
Ross essays are very strong, the common app was strong, and LOR should be very good. I focused heavily on the leadership and growth that I offer. Ross portfolio I talked about the lack of shops and the abundance of restaurants/bars in my community and how this can be fixed. Artifact I talked about the growth I have had as a communicator and a leader and how this will help me succeed in business world.

Schools
EA: UMICH-Accepted LSA Waiting on Ross did not hear anything on first decision day
EA: [Michigan State(Broad)-Accepted
EA: Indiana (Kelley)-Accepted Honors College and Business School
EA: [Purdue (Krannert)-Accepted Honors College and Upper Business School
RD: [Northwestern(Weinberg)
RD: Notre Dame

2 Likes

Very impressive! If I were asked to evaluate your stats above, the one thing you seem to be lacking is business/economics related ECs & Awards. ACT of 31 also maybe on the lower side for Ross or any other top 10 business school. Being a valedictorian is a big plus though. Wish you all the best!

3 Likes

FYI for those of you planning to enroll:

1 Like

ACT score is your weak link. Everything else looks awesome. Good luck.

1 Like

Has anyone received a merit scholarship from the college of engineering (in state)?

1 Like

i won michigan’s martin luther king jr memorial scholarship! i am oos

18 Likes

Congratulations!!

1 Like

thank you!!!

Congratulations and write to the donor…

Go Blue!

2 Likes

thank you!! yes i already wrote to them :blush:

6 Likes

This month for sure for all decisions? Any reason to think it will be sooner rather than later? (postponed EA)

1 Like

Hello there - can you get accepted to SMTD and NOT accepted to LSA? My son applied to SMTD, LSA and Ross regular decision. He just got accepted to SMTD but we aren’t sure that this means he’s also in to LSA. We know that Ross is a totally sep decision and he prob won’t get that regardless.

Congrats and yes. STMD is another school within Michigan.

Another question might be how much it matters if he is not accepted to LSA at this time. I wonder if not being accepted now actually precludes him from a double major through LSA IN the future.

My hunch is that it would not. My Michigan daughter is close friends with a dance major who is double majoring in one of the LSA majors to which you have to apply. I am not sure that he started out in LSA…it doesn’t seem necessary. If he ends up not being accepted to LSA, I would pose the question that way.

Ross is a different story since the transfer acceptance rate is low, but it sounds like he has a plan B without Ross.

3 Likes

thank you! it’s a bit confusing! And a lot of apps submitted lol

1 Like