UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

January 3rd Friday (1/27 or so), not actual date January 3rd. Also I did not say EA apps submitted in early October or 11/1 are not accepted. What I wrote is it is 100% possible the app is not even touched until after the 3rd Friday in January and that is exactly what she experienced and was able to verify in her application file.

2 Likes

I suspect this for kids who are ultimately rejected from OOS, who applied EA. Let’s say there’s a great applicant (except for SAT being sub-1300). Wouldn’t they know that and reject in EA? Why wait until March unless they didn’t actually look at the app until it converted to RD? (Or, perhaps all rejections are just sent out at the end.)

1 Like

I so wish they went back to a December release!

8 Likes

Except then deferments can ruin the holidays. (Ask me how I know ; ))

2 Likes

You have valid points I am not sure of the answer. My daughter is OOS and the volume in 2021 due to the ability to apply without SAT or ACT scores overwhelmed the office (confirmed with LSA admin contact) initially so many kids were deferred simply because they could not get to every application. I do not know if this happened in 2022 however I have to believe UM admissions was prepared the second time around.

2 Likes

Agree 100%.

2 Likes

Was your daughter in or OOS? Thanks for all the info.

OOS, California.

1 Like

When do you think UofM decisions (EA) will come out? I’m so anxious to hear

The portal still says “late January.”

Michigan does reject EA apps. There are three EA decisions: accept, reject and postpone. And I have not seen a sub 1,300 SAT test score posted here on CC. I’ll bet some recruited athletes have them though.

1 Like

why would anyone submit a sub-1300 instead of going TO? Or are athletes required by NCAA to report test scores? But you are correct and it is a very irritating fact.

This would be pre-Pandemic. The NCAA has waived the testing requirement, I believe through 2024.

1 Like

There was a lot of hope going into that SAT, but yes, pre-pandemic. (We did see an in-state person post here back then about an acceptance with sub-1300; we figured there’s more leeway in-state.) Anyway, I guess we figured that certain OOS test scores could have been automatic rejections. Maybe it was validation that the rest of the application was strong. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Every applications gets reviewed by multiple people /committees. Just one view won’t disqualify someone. They at least give everyone a chance.

2 Likes

We don’t talk Politics in here… Lol. Congrats…

I wish that they would implement an ED option. This way they could prioritize kids who definitely want to come and aren’t using it as an Ivy back-up.

10 Likes

Does the University release EA decisions earlier for In-State students? Or alphabetically? Or is it all just released on the same date?

1 Like

My daughter applied to Stamps School of Art and Design EA. She attended the summer program this past summer. We are in-state. When will Stamps release decisions (website says Jan, but are they released earlier)? When did Stamps release EA decisions last year? Thanks.

5 Likes

Same date

6 Likes