UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

it’s just asking for financial aid info so they can make a tuition offer if you get in. i don’t know if they mean anything?

1 Like

also, can someone ask an admissions officer if tomorrow will be the day? i am not sure how to connect with them (like how some people are)

Good luck to your son! I’m a ‘89 too (LSA) and Michigan is my D’s dream school. Though I live in Asia, I have taken her to the games and her closet is full of Michigan stuff. She still plays the Victors on her saxophone. Yes, this week, we have been talking about the same expectations and LOCI. It wasn’t this hard when we went there. Go Blue!

CSS profile is necessary for some schools, including UofM, to be considered for their financial aid and must be completed by a particular date. They send out reminders periodically in case “you” haven’t filled it out yet. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

D19 (OOS) is a junior in the CoE. Valedictorian, full IB, decent ECs, good essays and possibly great LOCs. UMich was her first choice. Applied EA literally on Nov 1. I don’t exactly what the decision said when it came in Dec - it wasn’t postponed or deferred. It was something to the effect of we haven’t gotten to all the applications yet and will roll out decisions as we get to them. She got her acceptance late Jan/early Feb. She couldn’t be happier with her decision. Has wonderful friends, goes to the football games in the Big House, had an internship with a top Silicon Valley company last summer and has one lined up for this summer too. I guess my post is an all encompassing one talking about stats, decision dates and ROI :blush:. Right now, following this thread for my D22 who has applied to LSA.

5 Likes

so what time are we thinking tomorrow?

i am hoping for 12pm est but who knows!

I heard 3pm cst is most likely.

Michigan is in the Eastern Time Zone. (Makes for crazy late sunsets on the western edge of the state, near Grand Rapids).

Does anyone know how many applications the Stamps School receives?

1 Like

Hey all, I see that it states that you would get your enrollment to connect login anywhere from 3-5 days after submission, but how long did it take for everyone? Closer to the 3 day mark or the 5 day mark?

Did you just apply recently?

1 Like

yes, not EA tho, just getting a consensus

About five days

Yeah, probably closer to 5 days. Since they’re working on releasing EA decisions, they’re probably taking longer to process new applications

i heard in an info session from them that for EA at least, they usually receive 900-1200

1 Like

Was this email possibly sent to those who got in? I didn’t get it.

I think that’s (at least) 3 of us class of 89ers in this thread. So excited for the possibility of the next generation following in our footsteps. Good luck to your D!

Hi, I applied to umich as ea, I had a low GPA but because of personal reasons and explained that, I actually have a letter of recommendation from a professor there because I did a research project there. My brother also went to umich, do I have a decent chance of getting in? (Out of state)

Which school did you apply to? Did you submit test scores?

LSA, and I submitted AP scores but not SAT